the Rift

pecking order

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

By that point, Cera was familiar with Ampere's manner of attracting their attention, and he willingly and happily followed the streak of formed lightning to where the Mother awaited. He knew what needed to be done, was familiar with the turning of the seasons and the meetings that came with them. Was prepared for the questions he would field, and proud of his title as lead Forger. He felt solid and comfortable in his bones, as happy and prepared for life as he had ever been since his birth. It was...exhilarating. Is this how everyone feels? All the time? Ilaria only laughed in response inside his head. 

They traveled gaily across the sands, following the flickering form before them to where Ampere stood awaiting them. Cera took his place proudly before her, smile light and comfortable on his eternally boyish features, awaiting the start of the meeting. It did not take long, Ampere fielding questions to all the heads, and Cera glanced around at those who had gathered in turn beside him. He hadn't interacted with them nearly enough in the past few seasons, for how absorbed he'd been in his own grief, and wondered at their status rather sincerely. They hadn't been slipping had they?

Careful not to overtalk any errant voices that arose before him, Cera cleared his throat softly, taking an idle step forward to draw attention both from the group and Ampere herself. 

"Yes. The well is completed not far form the Arena, and the water at the bottom is clear and viable. All we need is a bucket - perhaps one Gaucho used for his quest, if it still exists? And a rope or other pulley to lower and raise the bucket to fetch water. It should come in handy this season, should we experience any drought," he said happily, glad that he'd managed to come up with a way to fix such problems for his family. It was no secret that Cera was completely enamored with his job, and if he could improve the lives of his family he'd do it in a heartbeat. 

"I've kept track of the keys so far aside from those the Sultan and Sultana privately dispensed to those not part of the Throat. I will ask them, and see if we can go about tracking down whether the original owner has not had it taken off their person while we were unaware." Now wouldn't that be unfortunate? That they'd given the key to someone outside the Throat, only for a thief to lift it off them, leaving the Throat none the wiser.  "I'm calling a crafter meeting soon to work on the keys en masse. There are enough of us that all of them should be made by that evening," he announced pleasantly. And perhaps even two other small items which Cera would have to think about before ordering one of the disciples to create it. What else did their family need? Perhaps that bucket, if Gaucho did not have the one Cera had made him any longer. 

Settling back to signal he was done speaking, he awaited the news from the others. 

I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change

I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
pecking order - by Ampere - 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: pecking order - by Cera - 10-19-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: pecking order - by Maren - 10-19-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: pecking order - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: pecking order - by Nephele - 10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: pecking order - by Zenobia - 10-20-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: pecking order - by Ghost - 10-20-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: pecking order - by Abaddon - 10-23-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: pecking order - by Sikeax - 10-24-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: pecking order - by Ampere - 11-02-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: pecking order - by Gaucho - 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM