the Rift

pecking order

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

Attention pulled towards the low whistle and spark which shone in the morning light like a gentle beacon, showing the way to the source. Neph had spent much of the morning enjoying the coolness, knowing that with the waking of the sun in all of his radiant glory would bring the long day of Tallsun under his warm gaze. Contrasting eyes, one golden like the sun itself and the other as icy as the frozen Norths embrace, settled their gaze on the path ahead as legs carried her smoothly towards the location.

The Warrior stayed at the fringes of the meeting, her posture was of quiet confidence and attentive concentration as she listened to the electrified bluebird speak, addressing the peers that had also gathered around her in response to their titles and ranks. Ears perking forward and swivelling to acknowledge the other voices in the vicinity. It seemed it was a time of great change within the Dragon's Throat, with the comings and goings of certain members lead to new opportunities for those bold and confident to take them, to prove they were worthy.
Her tail flicked in the cool breeze and broad neck shook her chiseled head, they spoke of crafters and diviners, and she briefly wondered why no one would take an active interest in their patron gods visions and musings, surely more would be willing to bask in his teachings and light? Hopefully Maren, noting the name to the tigeress' face, would find luck in those not called to other paths.

The tone of the meeting changed to her own following, warriors were to be evaluated to be blessed. Neph's head rose with the information further, this was her chance to cement herself as viable, that her sultana had not misplaced her trust and judgement back in the threshold to invite her to these lands. To prove she could valiantly defend the dragons throat, her new found family and the lands patron god.
Lean front leg took a purposeful step forward and the rest followed, merging her statuesque frame into the congregation fully.

"I would like to nominate myself to be tested for one of the blessed warrior posts." She spoke, her voice firm and resolute in her wishes, and also acknowledging the weight, should she receive such a blessing of her tasks and expectations. The war painted mare's gaze drifted between those present and then settled on Ampere. "I would be honored to be given the chance to serve the Dragons Throat, my family and the Sultan and Sultana, to the best of my ability."

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
pecking order - by Ampere - 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: pecking order - by Cera - 10-19-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: pecking order - by Maren - 10-19-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: pecking order - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: pecking order - by Nephele - 10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: pecking order - by Zenobia - 10-20-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: pecking order - by Ghost - 10-20-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: pecking order - by Abaddon - 10-23-2015, 09:40 AM