the Rift

pecking order

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
I didn't want to go to some herd meeting called by the blue whore. The last time I had been "graced" with her presence she was practically all over my father. Plus the way she spoke of my mom made me want to bite out the ho's vocal chords. A brutal thought that I knew my mother would have frowned upon had she been here. But right now she wasn't. While she was away I would take her place in protecting the family and not let some ratchet ass believe she could replace my ma. No one could ever take the place of Sohalia the Transcended. I swear to the gods if Pa gave into his stupid manly instincts..

My vagabond ways had been kicked to the curb (although I still felt the call of the wind tugging at my spirit) as I took my place next to my father. The Lost Princess of the Sands had finally realized how much of an idiot she was and that she craved family more than adventure. Too bad it took me this long to figure out the own workings of my mind. It's like I was always overthinking so I had missed what was so obvious: it had been right in front of me the whole time.

Dipping my head in greeting to my father, my gaze shifted to the small gathering that was forming. The heads of the divisions were starting to speak and there was no hiding my surprise. The Dragon's Throat had grown much as a family unit. Back in the future members had been as flighty as me when it came to their roles. This was.. so much different. Like not a bad difference. Of course not. A really good one. I beamed at my Pa and Megaera: the Sultan and Sultana doing a wonderful job.

The golden boy who stepped up made me pause and squint. Why did he look so damn familiar? Ugh. It felt like it was right on my tongue. I knew him, I knew him, but how.. Cera. The name caused my eyes to grow wide. Oh. My. Gods. This was the same little Cera that I knew? The son of Midas? Holy shit had he grown. Look at him standing there, commanding everyone's presence! Pride fluttered in my chest as he finally seemed to find where he belonged. It was so freaking good to see him again. As soon as this meeting was over I would be all over him (no, not in that way) but for now I shot him a wide grin.

The new diviner that went by the name Maren spoke with wisdom that truly fit her title. I didn't know much of the mare whom spoke for the sun but, as I listened to her, I knew I wanted to get to know her better. She had a way with words that was just so natural. In a way it was like Ma. Y'know the whole studious, diplomatic type. But I was also interested on learning about the events that occurred while I had wandered the skies and yearned to know more of about The Sun.

Us warriors were addressed and I grinned as a black mare stepped up to the plate. I should be viewing her as competition because boy did I want one of those spots too. However the firmness of her voice left me silently rooting her on. She definitely seemed like a cool, confident warrior chick. Perhaps she would be up to sparring sometime.

"Aye. I plan on working my butt off for one of those spots, too." It was about time I made my own mark on the world. "So I'd like to ask that you keep an eye on my progress." I wasn't just speaking to Ampere. Nah - if I did that I might not be able to speak so formally and confidently. Instead my voice boomed to address every member of the family. I turned to my father and tried to meet his eye. That little girl in me was still trying to keep his approval even if I didn't realize it.

mentions ampere, cera, maren, gaucho
ooc this.. didn't turn out the way i wanted it to. but zeno is here and stating her wish to be promoted one day <3 sorry about her blu
Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
pecking order - by Ampere - 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: pecking order - by Cera - 10-19-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: pecking order - by Maren - 10-19-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: pecking order - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: pecking order - by Nephele - 10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: pecking order - by Zenobia - 10-20-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: pecking order - by Ghost - 10-20-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: pecking order - by Abaddon - 10-23-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: pecking order - by Sikeax - 10-24-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: pecking order - by Ampere - 11-02-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: pecking order - by Gaucho - 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM