the Rift

a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Punctual as ever his hulking form flew over the Halcyon Flats. I marveled at his reflection cast upon the water's surface. His muscular form was massive compared to my more petite frame. Watching him in action as he patrolled the area rekindled that little child in me who wanted nothing more than to watch and memorize his every move. However, I reminded myself, I was grown now. I would be able to accomplish my own feats, albeit hardly as impressive as his.

All thoughts dissipated as his thundering words resonated through my very core. A shiver ran along my spine. His roar sounded so angry and taunting. Unfortunately, it wasn't even the playful taunting. My heart skipped a beat as wave after wave of thoughts crashed into my brain. My actions could easily be considered cowardice for a spar between warriors. Tactics were great on the real battlefield but to try to set up an ambush on another herd member was another thing.

My gut wrenched and I felt sick. Any ideas of getting the upper hand and surprising him were gone. His words repeated in my head on repeat, causing it to instinctively lower in shame. He was disappointed in me. The whole point of this spar had been to make my biggest role model proud of me and I had managed to do the exact opposite. Would he cast me aside now? Or even worse: would he strip me of my warrior title and make me shrivel away in the shadows that spies lurked in?

Little time was given for me to worry about my fate and my warrior status. Bright flickering embers in the skies above drew my attention to what was happening around me rather than the thoughts that acted as weights attached to my skull. It didn't take long for these sparks of embers to erupt into scorching flames that lived up to his title. Hellfire rained down on the flats and I had little time to react. All I could do was seal my eyes shut before my vision could be burned away as I could feel parts of it melting against my spine.

There was no suppressing the shriek that came out of my mouth. I couldn't even describe the pain that caused my body to writhe. Flames consumed my exposed areas with ravenous hunger. My head, my pole, my lower croup: agonizing burning sensations branched out from those main areas. The thick fur of the bear's coat did little to protect me as I could smell it burning. Fire reached through the armor and I could feel parts of it melting into my skin, the metal pieces brandishing my skin.

The unfathomable pain that seeped under the layers of my skin caused my body to stand still in shock. It was only when the rancid smell of burning hair (my hair, I reminded myself) did I move into action. I threw my body down to the ground. A thin veil of water lapped at my sides as I desperately rolled and thrashed in the water. The cool liquid would be capable of relieving my wounds, but I did not have the time needed to soak them. Not only was it easy to spot the pool that was being disrupted by my movements but a clasp of the armor was touched as I rolled about. I became painstakingly aware of my limbs returning to their usual opaque appearance.

Revealed to the world and my father's wrath, all I could do was stand on shaky limbs. I could already feel the blisters begin to form. Maybe I hadn't grown and was still the delicate little foal. As I gazed upon my father, though, I could feel a different fire ignited. I pushed myself into action: starting at a slow gait before building up speed as fast as my injured form could. Despite the pain my wings began to beat, charred feathers falling off with each swing. I began to ascend as I neared my father's now standing frame.

The distance was beginning to close and I prepared to try to dig my hooves into his rump (maybe even hit him a few times with my wing strokes). Hopefully, this would propel me upwards and I would be able to catch an updraft created by the thermal heat. I needed to get into the air and above him.

I promised my Pa I would show him my acquired skills. Already I had disappointed him but I had to prove I was capable of protecting our family despite my absence. The passion in my veins could do little to ease the physical pain, but I could feel a steel resolve settling in. I was a warrior, dammit, and I was not going down without a fight.

"Speech."

words 800/800
attack 1/3
summary thinks she upset her dad due to her sneaky tactics.

suffers second-degree burns from the raining fire on her head, upper neck, and lower croup. while the thick fur protects her spine and other parts of her main body, the metal parts of her armor end up brandishing her due to the heat. feathers become charred as does her mane and tail. blisters are already beginning to form as the skin beneath her hair was damaged.

while she tries to roll in the water for temporary relief she causes herself to become visible to the eye.

she struggles to stand and, wanting desperately to prove herself, she begins to race towards her father, albeit her movements are hindered by the burns. she begins to ascend as she runs so that she can hopefully reach his rump and shove her hooves (and potentially batter him with her flapping wings) into him as an attempted springboard in order to catch a thermal vent caused by the fire. tries to get above him and into the air.

ooc ahh sorry this is so long. had to cut off a paragraph to get the word limit.. ^^" i hope this sounds okay! omg so excited and nervous eep!
tags @Gaucho

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho] - by Zenobia - 10-25-2015, 07:00 AM