the Rift

a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
When you fought with a brain too swarmed by thoughts to focus on the battle, the result was going to be miserable. In a very impressive fashion my hooves missed their intended targets: I was left kicking at the air like a fool. "Big targets not always easy to hit!" His words rang true. I couldn't just charge at an opponent, especially when that opponent carried the name of "Gaucho the Wildfire". Dammit. I had to clear my head and focus.

If only that was as easily done as said.

My eyes settled on his ascending form. All of these thoughts, these damned thoughts, had to leave if I wanted to have a chance to redeem my horrendous start. There was still time to make up for my deeds, I tried to tell myself. After all, Gaucho had always been a warrior at heart: if I succeeded in displaying my prowess than maybe he would forget his anger.

Shit. Smoke swirled around the Wildfire's gifted antlers. My muscles strained as I tried to get higher. This could not be good, a sentiment which was soon proven as flaming eagles rose from the ashes like a phoenix would. I didn't know if they could only move in one direction or not, but I knew my best bet was to get above them. If I could then surely their heat would help carry me upwards.

I raced toward them, wings carry me at an angle. Rushing towards the eagles was a risky maneuver, but if I could use them for my own benefit it would be worth it. The eagles' eyes blazed with a hot fire that made my skin shriek. They already knew the flame's touch and did not wish to experience it again. All around me they began to spread, only urging me forward.

Thump, thump, thumpity, thump. Sporadic heart beats caused discomfort to settle in my chest. I was pushing myself too hard, I knew this, but I had to. Closer and closer the fire consumed birds of prey became. My gaze kept steadily on one, albeit my peripheral vision wary of the others. Each beat of my wing had a sense of near desperation as I tried to get above the bird, because there was no way I could weave through their formation.

Unfortunately, I was too slow, my movements too sluggish from the burns that chewed through my skin. My upper half managed to get above one of the hazardous magical birds, but my lower half did not fair as well. Direct impact was made with my front legs with the embers soon spreading to my exposed underbelly.

I screeched as my senses were temporarily overwhelmed by the excruciating pain. Wings expanded as a rush of heat was released from the collision: perhaps the only good thing to come out of this. I did not have to struggle so much to remain aloft. I rode the thermal, allowing myself a quick breather. My heart still beat out of rhythm and my skin still screamed, but for a moment I could rest as I was naturally carried higher and higher.

When I tried to peek up at my father the sun's harsh rays threatened to burn my vision away. Angled my body became as one wing stretched towards the sky and the other towards the ground. As I glided through the air my upper wing blocked out enough of the sun so that I could get a glimpse of his large frame.

Wings beat against the air, luckily unharmed from the flames, as my angled body began to swoop in a large loop. Towards the ground my body dropped until my wings expanded, catching the wind and bringing me upwards. I did not know where my father was, only where he had been. My ears strained to hear his wings as my nose struggled to catch his scent carried by the wind. As I looped through the air, I stopped on what would be my father's upper left side. Or, it was the last time I had managed to catch a glimpse of him. I prayed that I was higher than him now.

I dared opening my eyes despite the sun's powerful rays. My wings folded and I began to drop. Again I listened for any sound of him before kicking downwards with all four hooves, screeching as burning pain shot through my stomach. I continued to allow myself to freefall until I was closer to the ground, where I would begin to open my wings and try to land if nothing intercepted me.

My landing was atrocious, my weight swaying like a leaf in a tornado, but at least I managed to stay standing. My body could no longer handle the rigorous flight. I was left grounded.

"Speech."

words 800/800
attack 2/3
summary tries to fly over to flaming eagle so that she can ride the hot air it releases. she manages to be carried by the thermal it created.. after she was BBQ'd. angles herself before looping and trying to kick at her dad. then drops like a sack of potatoes and

ooc ohh. thank you so much, odd. i was thinking that the scale was 0-10. i'll try to keep that into account. also, didn't realize summaries didn't have to be that long. other sites they had to xD i hope this one is better, although i struggled with it ;-;

tags @Gaucho

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho] - by Zenobia - 11-17-2015, 07:37 AM