the Rift

[OPEN] paint the sky with stars

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

Travel. It seemed like that was all I did in this new world I was immersed in. First I wandered into some area that the spotted stallion and Areli called threshold. Psh. Like that meant anything to me. It did however make me curious about this place. What was this place like? What were the lands like? What were all of the inhabitants like? Were they kind, scary, mean, dumb? The spotted stallion, helpful as he was, behaved like some sort of scheming creeper sometimes. Nyx, well, I didn’t necessarily get much of any ideas about her. Areli…I liked her to be honest. She seemed upbeat, relatively carefree, and overall nice to be around. Maybe I’d try living where she lives some day? Or maybe I wouldn’t. Perhaps spending more time around Areli would only drive me crazy? Or maybe it wouldn’t? Decisions, decisions.

One hoof followed after the other as I continued to travel to only a place the great mother knew of. Or did the great mother not know about this place? People around these parts seemed to speak and whisper about some sort of gods that I had never heard about. Perhaps the great mother had no reign, no power over this part of the world? If that was true though then who was I supposed to pray to? Who was I supposed to believe in? Who…who would be my deity?

Without realizing it, I began following a blue hued mare in the distance. Once I did realize what I was doing, I of course decided to hang back and observe her from a distance before approaching her. It took some time for her – and I – to reach a specific place. She seemed like she knew where she was going, I on the other hand did not. So into the cave I went after she did.

Clamoring, clanging, clicking noises ricochet off the cave walls as the mare travels ahead and as I follow. Luckily the echoes of her hoof beats masked the noise of my own otherwise I’d be embarrassed about being caught following her. Every twist and turn I followed the horned mare further and further into the cave until the ground seemed to change. Instead of rocky and hard it grew more and more soft and spongey. Even the air seemed to change what was once cool damp still air (a stark contrast to the air outside) turned into slightly warmer and humid air. My ears twitched as the sound of rushing water whispered in the distance. The mare said something that I wasn’t able to hear nor pay attention to because the lit mushrooms left me awestruck.

What was this place and how did this mare know this place was here?

I took a quick glance towards the mare, but when I did she had already disappeared – heading towards the pool of water. Failing to remember to be quiet while I followed her, I accidentally kicked a rock that – even though the floor was soft – sent a muted rattling sound that made my whole body cringe. The sound echoed off the walls and I knew the mare would definitely hear it unless she was deaf. But that wasn’t all. The rock I had kicked had not only revealed my presence but scratched up my leg. Great. There was no hiding from her now. Soon she would find me. So I try to act natural.

Quickly, my head snaps upward and looks up only to find myself mesmerized by the sight of twinkling lights. Was it the sky? But it was daylight outside when we came into the cave. Were we down here that long already? We couldn’t have been. Then what exactly was going on? Was it some sort of illusion? Some sort of magic that was trying to trick both of us into a trap?

“Vat is zis place?” I softly whisper too amazed to even care anymore whether the mare found me or not. If she found me that was just one more person for me to meet. If not then I could continue following her until I felt like speaking to her. It was just as simple as that.

"speech"

@Tiamat

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Zèklè - 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM