the Rift

[OPEN] paint the sky with stars

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

I relax a little when Tiamat says she doesn’t have any magic, not yet at least. My head tilts somewhat sideways though when she goes on talking about how only the highest ranked healers of herds are given magic from the Gods. Gods? There was more than one god here? Was one of them the great mother? Just who were these other gods that she spoke of?

“Gods?” I speak questioningly, “You mean zere is more zan ze great muzzer?”

Shortly after that however I was slightly taken aback when Tiamat spoke about one day hoping to be fortunate enough to get magic. She wanted magic? But magic was so, so bad. It was mean and hurtful and not normal. Magic shouldn’t exist because all it seemed to do was hurt those that either used it or those it was used upon. At least that was my experience thus far. But if that was true then why would Tiamat want magic of all things? Was there good magic out there? Was there magic that instead of harming actually helped others?

Tiamat gives a short and cheery laugh before she continues on with whatever it was that she was going to do. But when she does, she begins humming to herself as she smashes plants together to make some sort of paste and then spreads it over my scratch before wrapping it in some sort of slimy grass thing. Although I was grateful for what she did, I couldn’t help but feel slightly somber. Her humming. Mother always used to hum while she worked. Mother said she did it because it comforted her patients, but now all it did was remind me of her.
“Muzzer used to hum to people she helped too,” I began in a melancholy tone until slowly I found myself singing the lullaby that mother used to sing to me, “Twilight falls o’er ze hills and lake, So rest your head ‘til you vake,” My voice rose and fell with each note in a melodic manner with each rolled r and my foreign accent becoming more prevalent, “Rest ‘til morrow. ‘Till morrow. My darling, ‘til morrow. Sleep and dream avay.”

The end.

A quiet pause fell between Tiamat and I before she decided to look at me a curiously and then asked if magic frightened me. To be truthful, it did. It scared the living daylights out of me. Magic was something that I was brought up to believe didn’t exist. And when I first realized that it did in fact exist it was that Nyx lady using her lightning magic to zap Areli. It looked like it hurt…a lot.

“Muzzer and fazzer told me zat majick doesn’t exist,” I began with the intention of continuing my story but before I could a loud clanging sound erupted in the quiet air of the glowing room. Before I knew it my blue eyes were falling upon a boy who seemed about my age and yelling at something apparently in the rocks. Then he turned to us and I felt heat rush to my cheeks. Did he…did he hear everything that I just said and sang? Why didn’t he say anything sooner? Why didn’t he do something? So after he apologized for his…Squishy…I sat and stared at him for a few seconds with a sort of dumbfounded look, “How long vere you here? How much did you hear?” my voice wavers slightly as I ask the questions merely out of embarrassment. Mother’s song, my singing it wasn’t meant for every ear in the world to hear. In fact, singing it in front of Tiamat was already slightly embarrassing, but to know that somebody else could have heard it without me realizing. That was really embarrassing.

Zero. That’s what he says his name is and he even continues saying that he has magic and that’s how he made his Squishy. So there is nothing to be scared of.

Wait, what?

Nothing to be scared of?

He could make this giant rocky thing…that he named Squishy. Who the hell names something made of rock and metal Squishy? Slowly, I took a step closer to Tiamat out of caution. This boy was weird, but why did I feel so weird myself around him? Blue eyes gleam in the luminescence of the glowing room as I looked at him, watched him. He seemed…happy? A glint caught my attention to his left side as he moved about and I noticed how he only had one wing.

What happened to his other wing?

Did magic do it?

And yet he seemed happy. Like nothing in the world could bring him down. Like nothing was wrong and as he grinned I couldn’t help but begin to feel like everything would be okay someway or somehow despite what had happened.

“Vat happened to your wing?” I started asking him shyly as I put myself back between him and Tiamat like I was before, “I mean, if you don’t mind me asking.”

How could he just seem so happy, so oblivious to how the world was around him? Like the fact that he didn’t have a wing?

It was right then and there, albeit secretly, I wished I could be more like Zero.

"speech"

@Tiamat @Zèklè

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Zèklè - 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM