the Rift

[OPEN] welcome to the new age (birth)

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine
Life comes in a burst of light and the soft thud of ground against flesh, and the girl's first gulp of air is a deep, luxurious one. Something warm and wet dances across her moist skin and clears the remaining mucus from her airways, and her second breath is a more familiar and less frenzied rise and fall of her young chest. A hot muzzle touches hers and the red filly gives a somewhat startled squeak, before ramming her tiny nose up against the familiar-but-not aroma of her mother.

Hunger chews at her stomach and she emits another breathy squeal, demanding milk. Her legs, trapped beneath her body, suddenly begin to thrash as she struggles to her feet for the first time. Each spindly limb is splayed and wobbling, until with an indignant yowl they fold and send the girl capsizing back to earth. Her tiny ears pin and she huffs in frustration, swinging her tuft of a tail behind her.

Before she can try again, there's another form bundled beside her, one she recognises as much as she would recognise her own flesh. He has spent the last months nestled close beside her, growing with her, feeding with her - now he is next to her again, and she sniffs him a few times before resuming her attempts to stand. By the time she is back on her feet, balanced dangerously on stilt-like legs, her grey-pelted mother is no longer standing. A fledgling frown ghosts across her face. How dare Mother rest whilst she is standing? Crossly, she begins to poke at her dam's flank with her muzzle, trying to make the woman wake up and also urging the hind leg to move out of the way so she can suckle on the fresh milk that lurks beneath. She knows she needs that milk, knows it with an instinct and a desire that overrides everything else.

She is aware of another, speaking to the fallen form of Mother, but the red girl's focus is fully on her pursuit of the food that only her dam can offer.

when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Messages In This Thread
welcome to the new age (birth) - by Nyx - 10-21-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by d'Arcy - 10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Libertad - 10-26-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Tembovu - 10-26-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Nyx - 10-28-2015, 09:07 AM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Erthë - 10-30-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Déodat - 11-02-2015, 12:35 AM