the Rift

[OPEN] [Patrol] Blood in the Water

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

This season, I have been assigned to patrol the Blood Falls, the scene of the first God battle. When I enter the eerie crimson trees and see the blood-red waterfall again, I can almost smell the fight that happened here, see the wounds and the pain and misery that was caused here. It makes my flesh tingle and my hairs stand on end, and I walk at a high-stepped, wary trot. I spook from every bird that bursts out of the trees, flinch away from the buzzing of insects, and pray I will stumble upon the rest of my patrol soon so I do not have to wander this horrible place alone.

Finally, my wish seems to be granted, as I lay eyes upon a pegasus mare who smells of the Throat. I immediately sidle closer to her, keeping my body language neutral, loose and friendly. My ears pivot at every sound, but my attention is focused on the mare. "Hello," I greet, pausing for a second to glance around at the crimson falls again. I wonder why they are the colour that they are - did a great beast die in them and stain them eternally red? Or is it something much less nefarious and much more innocent? I don't know, and I doubt I will ever find out.

"I'm Badger, one of the healers of the Throat. Have you been assigned to patrol here, too?" I tilt my leather-clad head at her, hopeful. If not, I hope the rest of my patrol turns up soon, as a patrol is much less monotonous when there is somebody to share it with.

image credits

@Nephele

Messages In This Thread
[Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-21-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-25-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 11-07-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nasreen - 11-20-2015, 05:07 PM