the Rift

[OPEN] [Patrol] Blood in the Water

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

The more she explored the hidden, blood glimmering falls, the more Nephele felt incredibly out of place. Not for the fact she felt uncomfortable, but more the fact this place felt like it didn't belong in Helovia in the first place. What had happened to summon such an eery, forboding creation into this plane of being? What price had been paid to summon such a wretched scar in the face of the mountains? How much anguish, sorrow and brave souls had been cast into it? Maybe she wasn't the only one that had trodden upon the crimson lighted ground and felt the misted thoughts soak deep.

The sound of someone approaching catches her attention first, the mare pauses in her step — front left leg suspended in animation, while her head turns to face the stranger. They appeared friendly, but she remained on edge until the other gave their name and she gave him a nod in greeting. Finally, a member of the Dragon's Throat patrol and a healer at that, she couldn't help but bitterly think it was about time. Where were the others?

"Nephele, Warrior of the Dragon's Throat," The statuesque mare paused, "but you may call me Neph if you prefer, some have trouble pronouncing my name." she added with an amused snort, her mother had meant well, perhaps she was simply carrying on the tradition of unusual names, but sometimes the large mare wished her name could be a little more in tune with some of the naming conventions found around Helovia.

Gold and blue eyes observed the smaller of the two, Badger's voice and stature though small, likened to that of a stallion, but decidedly lacked the...musk of one for the lack of a more graceful term. What was the leather contraption on his head? Nephele had seen many various head decorations in her years, from magnificent skulls of fallen beasts to dazzling crystal chains that looped delicately about their owners — but this one was something she hadn't laid her gaze upon before. However, she was sure he'd been faced with many questions on it before and his status as a not-stallion, so she elected to keep her questions to herself on those topic's at least. "Yes, I've been here for a little while, though I haven't seen signs of the rest of our patrol." The dark pelted mare admitted with a small shrug of large wings, shifting in place as her head turned towards the gashed mountainside running red.

"I've never seen this place before, what summoned it here?"

@Badger

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
[Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-21-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-25-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 11-07-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nasreen - 11-20-2015, 05:07 PM