the Rift

[OPEN] [Patrol] Blood in the Water

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

There's a sparkle of amusement that dances brightly in her dual coloured eyes when Badger mispronounces her name, soft muzzle pulling into an equally amused smile. Nephele has heard many great and terrible attempts at her name, any frustration has long since evaporated into light-hearted mirth whenever someone asks her name. "Well met Badger — if you ever would like to try my full name again, try breaking it up, Nef-eh-lee." Throwing a wink in his direction as they move on to the task at hand.

A healer was a vital asset to any patrol, should they get into an altercation, so the fact that he is the first she comes across steels her resolve. Should something, or someone of ulterior motives make themselves known — she (and the rest of the patrol, should they turn up) would be in a position to fight and not worry too much about sustaining damage. Besides, Neph was used to seeing healers of more slender stature than their giant warrior counterparts, smaller and harder to hit whereas they were made to sustain the damage.

Badger's response earns a creased brow and her lips pulled into a small frown, no wonder then that this gargantuan scar is nothing like it's neighbouring landscape — it was never suppose to be here in the first place. "It makes one wonder, why the Helovian Gods thought it necessary to take land from another God." She murmurs, "the very notion courts chaos." It didn't in the least surprise her that the God whom it was taken from had followed, filled with malicious and vengeful intent. Whatever the Gods reason, surely it must of been great to wrench such a foreboding thing out of it's home plane of existence? And out of the grasp of it's patron God.

Her attention turned back to the equine healer when he addressed her with a question directed to her and it prompted a wistful look. "I'm originally from Helovia, I was raised between what is now the Halcyon Flats and the Thistle Meadow. I left a couple years ago to explore beyond the borders, found myself in a land filled with nomadic clans and wild Gods. Helovia has a funny way of pulling you back no matter how far you go, so here I am." There was no denying that she had missed her homeland, but it held a rather sad tone for the mare, after all, she had left it in a fit of sorrow and returning was full of bittersweet memories.

"What about you? What brought you to Helovia?" Neph found it only fair to return the question, ears flicking forward as curiousity etches onto her chiseled features. "Forgive me, but you look rather different than most of the other non-feathered and non-horned that I assume you're not native to our land."

@Badger

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
[Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-21-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-25-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Badger - 11-07-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: [Patrol] Blood in the Water - by Nasreen - 11-20-2015, 05:07 PM