the Rift

[PRIVATE] making mountains

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks

"You must be a very mighty warrior then to even know of this treasure."

"Well act'ly," he replied, somewhat abashed, "I'm the one who hid it."

Zero had the decency to look at least a little embarrassed by this admission, but not enough to halt the mission, or dwell upon his mistake. The stranger - Neph, she'd said, and Zero repeated it cheerfully: "Hullo, Neph!" - was still following him, and the lightning boy was reluctant to give up such a major victory. How great, to have a partner in his mission, to have a friend among the sands. So many of his friends seemed to be going away, these days.

Her explanation of eyes took him entirely by surprise. Zèklè swung his head around, his own sunbeam gaze tight on the tall warrior, crooked grin agape. "Really?" he demanded eagerly, ready to believe any tall tale without so much as a pause - he lived in Helovia, after all. His best friend could turn into a rock, and he'd even met a whale. "Are there ghosts around here now? Wha'd they want? Are they friendly? Can you talk to them?" The questions left his mouth in a rapid-fire barrage, thrown at poor Nephele without anything like mercy. Ghosts! They must know a lot of things- maybe even almost as much as whales.

Despite his piqued interest, Zero barely gave his friend time to respond before setting off again, his attention having been captured by a particularly familiar patch of plants. He kept an ear on Nephele, even as his narrow legs struggled valiantly to push him through cattails and reeds as high as his wither, his single wing more a hindrance than help as he shoved it through the rush. This, perhaps, was not the wisest path away from the Oasis, but it was certainly the most interesting one, which was a good indicator that Zèklè may have been there before.

"We're lookin' for rocks," he called back to the mare, though his voice was muffled somewhat as a cattail chose that moment to strike him in the face. "Ouch! Special rocks. I need 'em to make a golem for my friend, 'cus she helped me meet a whale an' I wanna give her a present, too. I keep findin' rocks for her, but then I bury 'em an' now I can't find 'em. Are you a good finder? My friend Mesec's good at findin', one time I helped him find- oh!" The youthful voice trailed off, a grand discovery clearly capturing Zèklè's fleeting attention. "Lookit that!"

OOC;; you can decide what they find <3
TAG;; @Nephele
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
making mountains - by Nephele - 10-22-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: making mountains - by Nephele - 10-28-2015, 07:12 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 11-02-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: making mountains - by Nephele - 11-05-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 11-14-2015, 02:42 AM