the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II)

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

The battle kept going before us. Dae seemed to cower under my frame, as I try to think what to do. I am frozen, staring but not fully seeing as another fight plays out before my eyes in my mind. I see my father, majestic and glorious as he wheels and looks to my mother. He tells her to take my twin brother and I and run. He could see the guards being overtaken, and that he was going to help. He would meet up with us when he could. I could tell from the look on mother's face that that promise was an empty one. I may be young, but I am smart. He is buying us time to flee. To get away. He is sacrificing himself. We do as he says, whispering I love you's over our shoulders as we flee and he heads into a battle that will surely cost him his life. We don't get to run for long, as two attackers jump us. Mother turns to face them alone, not a fighter but knowing what she must do to protect her family. She yells at us to go. To urn for the place she has told us stories about. I plead with her, with the attackers just to let us go... The attackers laugh. She is firm and my twin grabs my braid and pulls me on....

It's Dae bumping against my back legs that brings me out of the flashback. I was older now, not by much but still older. I see a stallion moving backward, clearly hurt. He is not the only one but this one seems familiar. It is to his side I move without thinking. I have to do something, anything. He is a couple hands taller than I am, and bleeding badly. S-sir. We need to get you to the healers. Let me help you. I start to nudge his side, but stop short. I don't know him, let alone well enough to touch him. I can only hope he will allow my help. He has a single horn, much like those who had attacked my mother. But he was not them, and I was not better than the spotted stallion. We are equals, thrust into a fight we both were clearly ready and yet not ready to take part in.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Has a flashback about her home and the day she lost everything, then moves to Mauja and offers him aid in moving to the healers behind the Earth God.

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Calypso - 10-24-2015, 04:47 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Morenth - 10-26-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Nuray - 10-27-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Beest - 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Rune - 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Kipling - 10-27-2015, 10:33 PM