the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II)

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

The ground shakes, jarring my legs and making me wince in pain. But the pain of my legs is nothing compared to the god damn icy arrow that shoots directly through my heart as I see Erthë, darling, beautiful Erthë, flung through the air like a ragdoll. "Erthë!!"

It is a while before I realise that the scream tearing the air apart is my own.

I run. Shit, do I run - like I've never ran before, until I'm by the white filly's side where a magical force has lifted her towards an equine mare. I assume this mare is a healer, but there's no time for me to ask her what her plans are. As I look at the shattered remains of the filly's leg, I feel nausea press against my stomach. Herbs will not fix this. Prayers will not fix this. Even magic may not fix this. But I have to try. For the rest of this girl's life, I have to try. For the child who is like a daughter to me, I have to try.

I reach deep down inside me to the small blossom of magic that I was granted at Megaera's bidding and at the Sun God's mercy; I've never used it before, so it is my instincts alone that guide me. I feel a sudden warmth in my gullet and it beckons me to open my mouth - when I do, a blast of flame comes out from between my teeth. Instead of burning my tongue, they tickle it pleasantly, and I feel confident enough to guide them towards Erthë's ruined leg.

I use my head to alter the flow of the torrent, aiming the gently dancing flames for the badly broken limb. I hope and pray that it will be enough. The rest of the battle is a blur; the tigress' screams, the bellows of the fight around me. I only have eyes for the little white babe before me, who I hope I can fix with a combination of magic and sheer muleish determination.

b a d g e r

TEAM EARTH GOD/TEAM ERTHE

@Erthë Uses healing rank magic to try and repair Erthë's leg.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Morenth - 10-26-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Nuray - 10-27-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Beest - 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Rune - 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Kipling - 10-27-2015, 10:33 PM