the Rift

[OPEN] Shall We Begin?

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"I have not seen the ocean since I was a filly. I come from a kingdom called Skyra, which must be very far away, because it took me many moons to travel here. Mauja found me at what I've learned is the Threshold. By his description, the Edge was the perfect place for me to settle. And I am not disappointed.I grew sick of talking to myself, I suppose."She gave Tembovu a half-smile in return. She did not think that he would know of the land that she had originated. She hoped he didn't. It was not a place that should be known about. After he father turned into a tyrant everything that existed fell to shambles. The lady did not like to think of what became of it after she left.

"Really? I'd imagine this place would be just as beautiful, even in covered in frost." Calista chuckled. But her words rung true. She did not particularly like the colder months, either. She could imagine that it would get quite chilly by the seaside. How could this place, up high above the world, ever be anything but beautiful? Now, when it was warm, Calista found the cliffs enjoyable. The sun's cheery spirits seemed to be projected upon everything her rays touched. Not that she had experienced the gray of winter, but she envisioned the pale beams that forced their way through the mist as being just as nice then. As depressing as ice and snow could be, they brought Calista a feeling of solace that could not be found elsewhere. Never mind the weather, she thought, the waterfront's beauty could not possibly be dampened. A seagull flew overhead, a flash of white feathers against the cloudless sky. It let out a shrill cry as it coasted on the balmy breeze.

"The rift?", she questioned, "Not a clue. I've never heard of that. Your voice tells me it's important. Would you care to enlighten me? What are these battles that you speak of?" wondering what the stallion was talking about, she leaned in closer to hear what he would say. She hoped that she had not missed something extremely important. If the painted woman had indeed, she would feel awful for being so oblivious. How could she have missed it? She chided herself. Well, maybe she hadn't even set hoof in Helovia when this so-called rift occurred. She supposed her questions would be answered soon enough.

"Talk?"

"It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive."

image credits

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 10-24-2015, 01:10 AM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-03-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 11-04-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 12-01-2015, 08:34 AM