E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
“Mama! Papa! Hurry up!”

Spindly legs raced beneath me as I pushed myself ahead of my parents. I didn’t know exactly where we were going, only papa knew that information. Regardless, my little hooves pummeled the earth in a playful fashion. One step, two step, three step, four. None of my hooves were striking ground like they should have been as I travelled up ahead to the top of a hill.

“Honey, don’t go too far ahead!” mama’s voice calls out to me as she picks up her pace to catch up with me. It didn’t take her long to do so, but right before she did I giggled and laughed and ran away, “Can’t get me,” my voice bellows out between catching my breath and more laughing. Eventually I found myself falling and rolling on the ground as best as I could with my horns as mama came over and started laughing with me.  When papa caught up he chuckled a little bit and then decided to tell us our vacation spot was just at the bottom of the hill.

“Really?!” Wide green eyes glistened as I looked down the hill and saw nothing but lush green grass, a small stream, and a woods. It was perfect! There were so many things I hadn’t seen before. So many things to do. So many things to explore. So I took off.

“Hyzenthlay! Remember don’t go past the line of trees!” mama worriedly spoke to me before I got too far away.

“I know mama,” I yelled back. Mama always was the worrywart. If I so much as scraped a knee she would be questioning me about as to how I got it and then proceeding to tell me I should never do that ever again. Papa. Papa was the fun parent. He would always calm mama down and say that I need to live life in order to grow up into a decent princess someday.

And I couldn’t agree more.

It wasn’t before I found my first buddy to play with. He was green and slimy looking and whenever I got close he decided to hop away. Giggling I gave chase after him right on into the woods. “Hey, hold still,” I called out to the frog as we weaved between the trees – travelling deeper into the forest with each step and pounce.

Then he seemed to disappear.

“Hey where’d ya go?” I spoke between heavy breaths. Glancing around I searched for my new found buddy, but when I didn’t see him I looked at my surroundings. Trees. A line of trees just standing in the middle of the forest as if they served as some sort of special marker. Oh yeah, that’s right they did. Mama had always told me about some weird land the laid just beyond a line of trees and how nobody dared to venture past them and those that did never seemed to come back.

“I wonder what it’s like over there,” curious, I began walking along the line of trees, following it for several minutes before my frog buddy decided to show up again. Only he was hopping past the line of trees, “Hey come back here! Mama be mad at me if I chase ya there,” I call out to him, but he just continues. Torn between listening to mama and following my curious, adventurous heart, I stand there for a little bit.

Then my legs start moving. I’d only be over there for a little bit. What harm could come of being in this other land just for a little bit? So I once more give chase to my frog buddy and we start weaving through the trees and bushes while I giggle and laugh. Every once in a while the horns that travel alongside my body catch in the brush, but I push forward until once again my frog buddy disappears and I’m left breathless. For a moment I look around and suddenly my grin turns into a frown.

Where was I?

Without even realizing it, I had travelled so deep and so far into this new land I had no idea how to get back to mama and papa. How would I get back to them? How would they find me? What…what if I never got back? What if I never got to see mama and papa again? The questions swirled in my mind as I just stood there looking around, hoping somebody would come along to help me in some way shape or form.

But the question remained were there even people that lived over here and if so then how come nobody who ever crossed the line of trees never come back?

"speech"
notes:: so someone just needs to pretty much kidnap hyzenthlay or trick her into going even further into helovia or think that her parents are actually in helovia idk. free for anybody.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-26-2015, 10:22 PM