the Rift

new beginnings [anybody]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Once again, the midnight princess found herself in the Threshold. There was no denying she felt peace in this place. She was a free mare, had said so when she wandered into this place, and despite her ties to the Basin, she would never allow herself to be shackled to a place. The Basin was home, with its valleys and slopes, but she had been watching their numbers dwindle. She was unsure what was causing so many to outcast themselves, as many seemed to go as quickly as they came. But hadn't she herself wandered too far from home, past the boundaries of Helovia? But still, home had called her back. But many who came through the threshold, those who came and made friends and families and a name for themselves, still ended up drifting away, disappearing as if their anchors had snapped from their helms and allowed them to leave.

As she considered earthly bonds and wondered what caused some to stay and others to leave, a voice cut into the air. It was a distant murmur, like a voice in a dream. It was unusual, to say the least. A single brow raised, sterling pools glancing through the spaces between the towering trees. The canopies and thickets were overgrown this time of year, and muffled many of the noises that would have remained crisp in thinner foliage. Ears flicked, straining to capture another word from the voice, but the air had fallen silent.

She shrugged, continuing on her way. With so much changing in the world, with rifts opening and pouring dispense and strangeness into Helovia, she wouldn't be surprised if she were hearing voices again. She shook her head solemnly, praying the black wouldn't make a reoccurrence, as the last time voices plagued her it was with a terrible tar-like discharge. Ears snapped at attention, head lifting high, as sounds of a creature moving through the forest distracted her. It was a very real sound, and much louder than any of the squirrels or thrushes could create. She trotted towards the noose, pace quickening, to see if the source of the noise was also the creator of the voice.

She she reached a break of trees, she slowed to a stop. The girl, still a filly, was one of the most unusual the blue had ever seen. Great antlers sprouted from her shoulders, though she hesitated in identifying them as antlers. She was colored as darkened earth, with striking facial markings stark against the rest of her body. She appeared young. Perhaps old enough to be away from her mother, but not for any extended period of time. And it appeared as though another had already intercepted the young one.

Emerging from the brush, starry body emerging from a sliver of shadows, she waited for the words of the equine mare to finish before she contributed. "Please excuse my intrusion," she began, giving a dipped nod to the glittering mare. How unusual, she mused, trying to keep from becoming distracted. She came to a stop a respectful distance from the pair. "But I couldn't help but overhear the tail end of your conversation. If I am correct, you wandered here alone?" Disappointment washed over her. This was not the place for one so young to wander alone. Not everyone here was pleasant, and many dangerous beings wandered this place. She hoped the girl would correct them, tell them she had a parent nearby. "My name is Ki'irha, and I must say, being alone in this place can be quite dangerous. Resplendence here seems lovely, but you could have run into someone not as kind." Her words were gentle, and she was careful to keep any sternness from them. She was sure the girl would receive plenty of that from her parents when she returned to them. And though she had never met the medic before, there was something in her words that reassured the corporal that she had only good intentions. Though, Ki'irha had been wrong before.

"What is your name, darling? Perhaps we can help you find your way home?"

Talk
OOC// @Resplendence @Hyzenthlay ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-26-2015, 10:22 PM