the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! What is Love?

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

What was she going to do? The words seemed to ring violently in her ears. She couldn't do anything. That was the damn problem with this entire situation. Sure, she could stitch up wounds - but she couldn't actually do much else. What use was that when the herd was thriving, was doing perfectly fine on their own?

She had stuttered out words, except she didn't really recall what had even slipped from her mouth. Her thoughts were so jumbled - so shattered. It had been so long that she'd clung onto the hope that she would have them back, that when they had disappeared this last time it had ruined her. Useless to anyone who needed her. "I can heal while crying," she whispered - voice so low and quiet it barely even registered. The horrid images of her nightmares, of being unable to save anyone that she loved, of always having to be alone, were flashing vividly across the bond that Valiance and she shared. They were horrid, truly horrid. So horrid in fact, that Valiance was wincing and had tried to curl up on Lakota's back - feathered wings wrapping around his face as he cowered at the images.

All the blood. All the open wounds. All too late to be saved because she hadn't been there… because they had left her, and then when they needed her she couldn't get there fast enough. Still, it was Valiance who sparked any kind of fury in Resplendence - who had become so lost in these images she hadn't really heard too much (or rather, garnered the meaning of what had been spoken). "Kota wants your title. She wants to take away the one thing that made you useful." He warns her and her eyes snap up. There is a darkness, a hatred, sparked deep in her eyes. The golden irises seemed to flicker like flames at the edges - a reflection of the power that Valiance harbored and which Res had always hid deep and dared to not pull out.

Resplendence clambers to her feet - albeit awkwardly. Her one ear is pinned, and she cannot help but to glare at the pair of them. "You will not take away the one thing I have left!" she hisses, Valiance uncurling from his fetal position as she nightmares before her began to fade. "The second anyone calls I am there. All I do is give and give and give! No one cares! No one wants to stay! If you take this away no one would even notice me! At least now my invisible self can help people from time to time!" Her voice is loud, showing a strength that had only been seen once before - when she had been fighting to keep Quilyan alive, to try and find her  children.

She may not have truly heard all of what Ktulu or Lakota had just said to her - but I would suppose her subconscious had filled in the gaps, to have her snap back. "I deserve the position of medic. I know countless herbs, I've healed many, and I've worked to try and teach others - even if they dare not listen, I had offered the opportunities. I fought in the Edge Invasion, and I healed in this most recent one. I'm in this damn prison cell because it protects me from the weather and keeps my herbs safe. It is just like the nook I had made for myself in the Edge, except now it's a refurbished prison cell."

Finally, she shifted her gaze to Valiance who had taken his place at her hooves. "What am I supposed to do? How do you get someone you care so deeply about to want to stay - to care the same about you? It's as though I'm destined to hand my heart out and to have it snubbed in the dirt each time. What makes you so much better than me that you get the family?" Her voice is solemn. It is uncertain, and it shows the true pain she has been feeling - though her eyes are still flickering with the fire, and her body… it still wants to fight.

@Ktulu

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! What is Love? - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Ktulu - 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Lakota - 10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Resplendence - 11-04-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Ktulu - 11-19-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Lakota - 12-18-2015, 07:48 PM