the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion)

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
The other equine mare speaks to me, and I look at her with hard determination in my normally soft eyes. "I have to try," I hiss, my voice frenzied. "She's so damn young - she didn't choose this. She doesn't deserve this. Nobody with blood in their heart and one hint of humanity in their soul could possibly stand by and watch this poor girl suffer without trying to help her." I'm frantic, almost insane with it. I don't care if this seems stupid and futile, I have to exhaust everything in my arsenal.

On the battlefield, I'm always quick to admit defeat. In this, I cannot.

Then the girl's father arrives, and I cringe. Whaetever I'm feeling, he must be feeling tenfold. At the question, I wince. How bad? There is little use in lying to him when the truth is so painfully obvious. "It's hard to say at this stage, but...the bone isn't just broken, it's shattered. I don't know if there's anything that can fix it, not even magic." I look to the Earth God, the great, benevolent behemoth. He is omnipotent, surely he can help her? Why isn't he helping her? I feel anger rise up inside my usually calm soul, driven by the terror at the possibility of losing Erthe. My own magic seems not to help, although I pray it has lessened her pain. She may be doomed to an eternal limp or a horrific developmental stunting, but please, Gods, let her not be in pain.

Erthe tries to stand and I whinny, alarmed. "No, little one, stay where you are." Gods know what further damage she will do by trying to rise. She asks if somebody can fetch her bow, and although I am loathe to leave her side, I want to do anything I can to help her. If her bow makes her feel better...I move towards where the magical item landed, and as I do I see Maren, a herdmate, with a...boat? My eyes light up and I immediately move to her. "Excuse me, Miss Diviner, would I be able to borrow your vessel to get this girl back to safety?" I look at her through pleading, panicy eyes, praying she will not reject me. She is a fellow Throatian and I think she has a good heart, will that be enough?

Hoping she will take her boat to Erthe to help the filly get off the island, I continue towards the bow. I'm limping myself, and my legs hurt from their strain, but it hardly registers in my fear-riddled mind. I see the enchanted bow, and scrutinise it for a moment to try and work out how to carry it. It is a weapon, and I shrivel my nose in disgust that someone as young as Erthe should be wielding it, but if it helps her...I pick it up as delicately as I can between my teeth, and begin to head back to her with my head held high so it doesn't drag on the ground. I deposit it next to the filly and continue to stand by her, praying Maren will have brought her boat closer so myself and the other healers can load the white angel into it.

@Vadim @Erthë @Maren @Resplendence

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Morenth - 10-29-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Badger - 10-30-2015, 07:01 PM