the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion)

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

He came to her as she walked over the field; "Excuse me, Miss Diviner, would I be able to borrow your vessel to get this girl back to safety?"

Her eyes shot to the now colorful blob of white that she had past in a blur all this sickening time. She swallowed whatever she had left to wish for as her thoughts swarmed her mind like bees the one time she just wanted her mind to be an empty shell.

From the distance that she watched the terrors and chaos she saw a white puff being thrown around and she could only wish that wasn’t Ërthe —

No figment of quivering hope that dared to crawl into her head was safe for this blast of slaughtering redemption. There was no way out, so she simply let her gaze wander back to Badger’s concerned brown eyes. She coughed, her throat dry. For a moment she was silent, lips glued together while cold eyes looked at him, her mind too busy to really look. And yet, somehow, at last there were words. “Are you kidding me?” she huffed, pretending to be flabbergasted by his arrogance.  “Have you ever even been in a boat before? Tch, you are out of your mind if—” She gasped for the air she forgot to breath in. What was it that she really wanted to say? This? Aren’t you afraid you are going to capsize because of your clumsy ignorance and take her and my boat along with you? “Don’t ask me to just borrow my precious—” Frustration, anger, hopelessness; she felt like it was all just being spit out of her mouth instead of the words she meant to say. She swallowed it along with the thought of Shadow seeing her daughter in the dangerous state she was in, for even she didn’t want… couldn’t bear to see Ërthe like this. But she glanced over her once again, still, and then looked back at Badger. “Do I look like I have no soul to you?” she huffed again.I’ll take her to land, so don’t worry. I would appreciate it if you double-checked that she is okay enough to move. I will be waiting in the north-east area.” With that she turned around and left for the beach.

Her eyes found the horizon, all of a sudden so undeserved of its beauty. There was a commotion a bit away from her and her stupid head turned around to see. She saw Ophelia, Mauja and Roskuld… and others she didn’t know, shouting, crying over a dead body with little burned fireflies on her coat; a pattern she had come to know. She turned her golden gaze away from them as there grew a blur over her eyes. Why did she felt so defeated? Why did it feel like she lost so much and why couldn’t she just believe that what the Gods… What she had trusted the Gods with was actually... good? Everything that was in her view turned to a smudge. She found the chain on the front with her whiskers before she saw it through her obscured vision. Meanwhile soundless tears slipped down her alabaster cheeks as she gripped the chain and tried to get is as far on the beach as she could.

But where she couldn’t go no more through the thick sand, the world just went on… and on… and on —And she continued to be worthless, just like everyone else here. And suddenly she wished she could’ve told Ërthe something else, that day in the Green Labyrinth. Wished she could’ve told Ërthe that every being in this realm was special, had a purpose, was of great value to the Gods because without them there was no world. But that wasn’t the truth. That wasn’t what the world was meant for; it wasn’t to give them a place to be special, for it just was to be... and then die if you couldn't be any longer.

image credits

@Ërthe, @Badger (feel free to pp them leaving or something. Maren can bring her all the way to the Edge via the river)

mentioned: Ophelia, Mauja and Roskuld (and Snö)
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Morenth - 10-29-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Maren - 10-31-2015, 03:40 PM