the Rift

[OPEN] Caught or Not?

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Dancing across the lands the woman was slowly growing more confident in exploring the World's Edge. It had become a piece of cake, after much time spend getting lost. The unicorn was all alone as the moon was beginning to awaken. Traveling was entirely different at this hour. Any sort of beast could leap from the forest’s woodwork and try to snap her up. Upon reaching the safety of her brethren, she was not afraid.

As she moved over the territory the young mare’s eye scanned the grounds that lay before her. A heavy silence blanketed the landscape. The only sounds her inky ears picked up were the clip-clopping of her own hooves and the peaceful rusting of the ferns. There was a lot of vegetation. Everything looked so...green. She didn't know how to explain anything, or how she was just a woman that wandered alone at this time in the evening. She normally found herself returning fairly late as she took in the sights around her. The girl remained away from the herd to search for something to decrease her jumbled thoughts, and boredom. Calista supposed that she would look for medicinal flora while she was out and about, especially with such a variety of valuable plants in bloom. She wanted to be useful. One thing she hated was sitting around and wasting precious time, especially when there was work to be done. There was so much to do that Calista didn't know where to begin. Although new to the herd, she had been able to ease into the routine of things relatively easily.

Ears flicked back and forth, forward and back, as her head turned from one side to another. Her nostrils flared over two bright orange foxes skittering about, almost out of place. Her attention was caught by the faint sound of another. Her mane-covered neck turned her dished face towards the direction of the voice. It had not derived from the vocals of any creature that she knew. This made Calista curious. Her feet adjusted themselves, turning her stature in the direction of the call. She could not begin to fathom who it might be. Nevertheless excitement rushed through her veins. The unicorn began to move again with enthusiasm, traversing through the brush on her merry way to greet this stranger.

It was probably just some stupid hallucination but when she turned to see what or who it was, she had to tilt her head. The rugged mare that stood before her certainly didn’t look like anyone she had ever seen. What if this mare was an enemy, a horse to fear? However, another part of her told her to speak. She looked kindly enough, like a woman who had come in peace. It did not matter what the risks of making the acquaintance of a possible trespasser could have. Calista would at least attempt a conversation, as was the courteous thing to do. Ask questions first, worry later. "You surprised me! I guess I wasn't expecting to meet anyone out here. But now that we've run into each other, I ought to introduce myself. The name's Calista. Are you from these parts? I don't think I've seen you before." Reaching her head slowly toward the stranger she scanned her pensively.

@Leeka

Messages In This Thread
Caught or Not? - by Leeka - 10-28-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Calista - 11-01-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Leeka - 11-04-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Calista - 11-25-2015, 04:48 PM