the Rift

[OPEN] Caught or Not?

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Courage is knowing what not to fear

It seemed that with every note, Calista became more and more attentive to this unknown woman. She was taking things in, observing the way that Leeka interacted with her. Her interpretations were spot on. This mare was no newcomer. Calista found her dainty head tilted slightly down to the side as Leeka, who was a hand smaller than herself, spoke.
"I daresay the herd is sizable. I have yet to meet many of its members. Here, I am but another unfamiliar face, hardly more than a stranger to the Edge."

Calista took no time at all to make herself comfortable in the gloom. The mare was feeling more at home, and each day she grew stronger and wiser. It pleased Calista to familiarize herself even more with the Edge, and with this multi-toned horse, who she assumed lived there. Something told her that Leeka carefully thought out everything she was saying. At the present her mind seemed to be stirring, but Calista could not fathom what she might be analyzing. For no reason in particular, she did not think to question Leeka's concise answers. The trees in the distance became no more than shadows as the moon poked out from their uppermost branches. Calista kept alert. Under night's black cloak, uncertainty lurked. At least they were on semi-open terrain, where the lady was able to see far and wide. It was the easiest way for her to pinpoint any unwanted attention before it was upon her. There were some things that could not be escaped, no matter how far in her past they hid. Her golden spear glistened beneath the stars as she glanced up at them, and then back at the spotted damsel. A simple, welcoming nod of her head was given in return.

Leeka was correct. She enjoyed her alone time as much as she loved making new friends. "That would be right, I do fancy an old-fashioned evening stroll. It's nice to reconcile my thoughts every once and a while. And, well, aren't the stars a sight for sore eyes?" Her words were kind and inviting. A hint of wonder was also visible on the tip of her tongue, if one knew where to look. There was nothing to complain about. Even when her spirits were slightly dampened (and this happened rarely), the sky brought brightness into her life every night. The soothing effect the glittering diamonds had on her lessened whatever worries the damsel might have.  

"Talk?"

image credits

@Leeka

Messages In This Thread
Caught or Not? - by Leeka - 10-28-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Calista - 11-01-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Leeka - 11-04-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Caught or Not? - by Calista - 11-25-2015, 04:48 PM