the Rift

[OPEN] Now Or Never

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Once the fight with the tigress was over I had left and gone home because I couldn't take the smell of blood anymore. I couldn't handle the screams and cries of those that were injured physically and the heart-wrenching screams of the ones that lost someone precious to them. I didn't even want the vial of blood that the Earth God tossed to me, but I still picked it up and I flew away as fast as my wings could carry me. Home. I just wanted to go home. Even after I got home I still managed to keep myself separated from everyone because I assumed that all the talk they could offer would be about the last fight and the trinkets that they'd gotten after the Earth God divvied up the spoils. (I had thought he'd be different, but he was no different than any of the others.)

It seemed, however, that I was not to be alone for much longer. I was still lingering near the borders so I saw Thantos as he flew and landed on the opposite beach. Honestly, it was hard to miss someone as huge and red as he was. The only reason he would be there, I assumed, was because he wanted to be part of the Throat (which made me happy). I did wonder why he would choose to stand on the beach opposite the Throat where it would be harder for him to be noticed instead of landing in the Throat, on the border.

Borders, I realized and I snorted.

So I took to the air and I flew to him to with the main goal of inviting him in because he was my friend and I trusted him. If he had ever wanted to hurt me he could have done it the first time I met him when I was dragging my wing everywhere I walked. Instead he had supported my wing with his own (until I took off because Megaera had called for me)

"Thantos!" I called out his name as I landed near him and tucked my wings against my sides. I was smiling as I closed the distance between us and I extended my muzzle in greeting. "Why are you waiting out here?"

"."

mother make me, make me a big grey cloud
      so i can rain on you things i can't say out loud
image credits

@Thantos

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Now Or Never - by Thantos - 10-28-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Now Or Never - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Thantos - 11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM