the Rift

[OPEN] Now Or Never

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
A shadow in the skies caught my attention, drawing my eyes up to the familiar form of Ranjiri as she soared across the water to meet with me. Straightening up, an old habit from my former rank, I was unsure of how to react towards her outstretched muzzle. Even friendly nose bumps were not something that were customary between the warriors and guards of Urd, a touch that was limited towards close relationships at best. So, I merely dipped my muzzle politely and offered her a friendly smile, careful to keep my lips together to avoid appearing flashing my fangs and appearing threatening. "Greetings, Ranjiri." My voice rumbled, smoke escaping my lips from the pent up power of the magic that the Sun God had blessed me with. Horns tilted to the side as she asked why I waited, auds flicking back for a moment as I wondered what she meant by that. What was I waiting out here for? Why not over on the island? Why was I even at the edge of the mainland? Ever blunt and to the point, I answered her question with the familiar struggling growl. Regular speech was becoming a little easier with every conversation, though I doubted that I would ever be able to completely hide the strange rumble that came from the dragon's blood coursing through my veins. "I did not want to appear intrusive to your leaders, I am aware that my kind are under speculation right now."

Another pegasus had soon joined us, my ears flicking forward with curiosity to study the smaller mare. She was not nearly as extravagant in color, though she was adorned with some sort of paint on her neck that caught my interest. It was her bi-colored eyes that held my focus though, not used to seeing such a unique feature on an otherwise plain woman. Respectfully, I dipped my muzzle to mirror her nod as she introduced herself. "A pleasure, Nephele. I am Thantos, I come seeking permission to join the Dragon's Throat. I hope to prove myself worthy to your herd and leaders." The ember-like glow of my scales and horns flared for just a second as I cast a hopeful gaze towards the island, half wondering if there would be anyone else joining the small meeting. They certainly were quick to notice a stranger lingering closely to their herd, it was a positive sign that I would enjoy dedicating myself to their warrior positions.

I couldn't recall if I had seen Nephele at any of the battle of the gods, albeit I didn't exactly have time to memorize every face that had been present on those days. It would be to my benefit if she, or anyone else aside from just Ranjiri, had recognized that I fought alongside the Helovians to destroy the Rift Gods that had abandoned my people centuries ago. I was unsure on just how strict they were in regards to those seeking to join, unsure of the critical eyes and judgements that I may need to pass in order to call myself a citizen in their walls. Perhaps my participation and friendship with Ranjiri alone could grant me a trial entry to the herd. However, I would not...could not, hold anyone at fault if they decided to turn me away. Knowing the history that I had, no matter how good my intentions and causes, I would be as equally cautious to offer acceptance.

Messages In This Thread
Now Or Never - by Thantos - 10-28-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Now Or Never - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Thantos - 11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Amani - 11-09-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Official - 12-20-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Thantos - 12-25-2015, 12:20 AM