the Rift

[OPEN] the more it heals, the worse it hurts

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi
Swept out of sight, rolling up on an ocean,
Let's cut all the ropes and get lost in the moment

She hummed whilst she cried internally, her mind running over the same question; what was she doing here?! It felt like the only question she had asked since the Earth God had pulled them from the Rift. She had been dragged into a battle, burned, marooned in a strange place and now there was some sobbing unicorn at her feet. "What am I doing here, what am I doing here, what am…" she had her head turned away from him as if there was something so interesting on the horizon and her eyes were burning into it. There wasn’t, seemingly, but Dacianna hoped something or someone would appear with each passing second. She even tried to think of something else to occupy her mind, but all she could conjure were more questions and even more confusion. It wasn’t like she could ask the woeful puddle on the floor for fear of sounding insensitive. Why was he crying like that anyway? Had something awful happened to him during the battle? She couldn’t ask that either, she felt like she couldn’t say anything and, instead, she awkwardly stood there, feeling like a true foreigner without the heart to leave him alone. Whilst she stood there her thoughts raged on, remembering the things she was told when she got here and what had happened after. If this place was so great, if it was better than the Rift world, why did it send it's children into battle? The little white filly had so much growing and so much life in front of her. Finally, why were there such tears of anguish staining the cheeks of its citizens? Like this poor, crumpled mess on the floor.

He said nothing to her urgings, to her gentle words of comfort and Daci could feel a frustrated anger brewing in her mind. "He could at least say something" she fumed internally, "or am I going to have to stand here forever" it looked like that. The blue mare already felt like an idiot and the more he said nothing the more she believed, she was indeed, a real idiot. He gasped and Dacianna held her breath, but nothing came from the sobbing stranger and she stifled another sigh. Perhaps she was being a little selfish, but her head spun as she did not understand where this was or what to do or where to go and instead she had cried for them, these strangers, these unknowns, these Helovians. She had watched a child be carried unconscious and felt the heat of their magic that they had violently hurled at the assailing tiger. Now she felt guilty for having selfish thoughts towards this broken unicorn, but she couldn’t help it, she didn’t understand.

A stir, a movement and Dacianna edged sideways as the grieving stranger hauled himself to his feet. "Uh-OH" she exclaimed as suddenly her humming was cut off when he thrust his neck under hers and Daci stumbled slightly, he was quite a bit taller than herself. From there onwards, the roan mare stood rather awkwardly, with her neck over this stranger’s and frowning into the distance; what was this? "What am I meant to do now?!" she despaired internally as he broke her heart again and again, she felt like kicking him in the face for being such a weeping loser.

"I’m stood here, in a place that's God knows where, trying not to cry because of this catastrophe on four legs" her thoughts rattled a brief commentary of her situation, just to make sure it was actually happening, as she tried to think of some more fitting descriptive words for the stallion, who sought relief in the curve of her neck. She wanted to shout at him for appearing so pathetic in front of her, but something completely opposite came out instead as she tried to abate his sadness "I’m sorry" she said with compassion, her anger was out of worry and it was worry that spurred her to try comfort him in some way. She wasn’t sure why she said sorry to him, it just felt like the right thing to say, because the world wasn't apologising, so she apologised for it.

"I’m so sorry" she repeated the phrase quietly to him.

-SIBS- such a loser
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Messages In This Thread
the more it heals, the worse it hurts - by Mauja - 10-29-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: the more it heals, the worse it hurts - by Dacianna - 11-04-2015, 07:29 AM