the Rift

[OPEN] ever to excel [welcoming]

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

The morning sun is just peeking over the horizon, slivered by shimmying leaves, when they approach steep hills like crumbling walls. Behind them dawn grows, flooding the area with a rich golden light that turns the wispy grasses around their legs into heavenly fields of radiance. Deep shadows are cast, too, that seem to burrow deeply into every crevice and nook. "Okay. I am the first on earth, the second in heaven. I appear two times in a week. You can only see me once in a year, although I am in the middle of the sea. What am I?" A lopsided grin is Daemyn's reward if he doesn't manage to tune her out, before she goes quiet, focusing on something else now.

Walking alongside the raised hillface, the thunder of the falls on the other side heard and felt in the joints through humming vibrations, she eventually spots a carpet of orange butterfly weed blazing bright like clusters of burning embers. "These won't fry your brain, but they'll help clean out lungs or reduce swelling." With that she leans down into the starburst flowers and neatly clamps a large bundle off along jade-green stems. She's grabbed more than a mouthful and as she pulls up to continue onward, some fall and quickly become forgotten under her small sharp hooves. 

The light of the new day is comforting, a reassuring weight of warmth cloaked over her; she stretches out her wings a bit, treating them equally even if the lame appendage destroys what could be a uniform presentation. But it doesn't matter to her as she spreads her impossibly long flight feathers like stiff fingers of a hand in unfortunate disuse, enjoying the fresh air and good weather. Her eyes begin scaling the rocks, some boulders as big as the God of the Earth himself, looming up high over the trio like timeless guardians. Looking for something, her shrewd gaze crawls over the landscape. Hunting. "Aamff!" 

Split into the earth is a slender portal underground, a trickling stream of water leaking out like drool, the threshold violently hewed and swimming in darkness. She practically melts into it without hesitation after a beeline to the entrance, as if greeted by a welcoming embrace. Inside is a passageway with coal-black walls that glimmer from a pearly, slimy sheen atop them in a syrupy and vivid array of nuclear green and lemon yellow. A moody glow blooms across the cavern, turning them all midnight blue and wraith-like in the depths. Moisture clings to pockmarked walls and hangs in thick vapor, cool upon touch, and the sound of rushing water surrounds them from every direction like the heartbeat in the womb. 

It's a twisting path within the stone bowels that brings them to another gap; this one curtained off by a noisy spill. She gives one long, piercing look at both Daemyn and Mato before she moves around the waterfall, all long limbs and shaded grace, and out into the open.

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Daemyn
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Messages In This Thread
ever to excel [welcoming] - by Imonada - 11-01-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: ever to excel [welcoming] - by Daemyn - 11-02-2015, 03:27 AM
RE: ever to excel [welcoming] - by Ktulu - 11-02-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: ever to excel [welcoming] - by Imonada - 11-03-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: ever to excel [welcoming] - by Time - 12-16-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: ever to excel [welcoming] - by Daemyn - 12-17-2015, 04:03 AM