the Rift

[PRIVATE] Slapped with a truth or kissed with a lie.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
and you, you knew the hand of the devil.
and you, you kept us awake with wolf’s teeth.
My smile stayed dull and quickly began to fade as he began to speak. He was a large target, perhaps in more ways than one. I shifted my weight slightly, dainty golden chains laying bright across my purple hued face – a gift from him. A gift from choosing him. I just listened, ears flickering with doing my best at keeping my emotions at bay. I wanted to be mad, but I couldn’t. I was the same person. I shrugged slightly, head shifting with the movement. My dual toned mane dripping with water, a silver and teal feather placed in my mane was also dripping wet with the water that surrounded us.

What could I say to that? The only thing I knew what to say about it. “I just wanted to? My mind hasn’t been in the right place since the Flats.” I admitted to him, remembering me screaming at him – mistaking him for my worst nightmare. Though it began to feel like that was becoming more of a reality. I turned my head away from him and looked out over the water for a few moments, pushing back that glassy gaze that managed to make its way into my eyes. The wind blowing onto my face slightly, causing a gentle pang of pressure on my bruises. My joints were sore and I was beginning to grow tired of standing. Lifting up a foot gently, I held it near my chest for a few moments before placing it back in the ankle deep water I was standing in.

Then he spoke. About her.

I felt my head swivel to face his as he spoke her name. Then he proceeded to compare it to my confessions. I at least gave it a chance. I shook my head slightly, head drifting down to avoid his gaze as it searched for mine. He steps closer to me and I nearly shivered away. “Why did you look at her like you look at me?” My voice became a hushed whisper, broken in a few places as I paused to piece it back together. I lifted my head – acknowledging his second set of words when he spoke my name. “I did call you a friend, you’re right. But I still chose you. I admitted my mistakes and I changed. I changed them because of you. Yes, I chose the Basin. It’s my home and I have responsibilities there, like you with the Edge. But we also have responsibilities in our relationship as well.” Hushed tones grew slightly stronger toward the end, but with that I turned my pained face away. He didn’t deny sleeping with her and the feeling let my heart hit the bottom of my chest. Near shock and sadness finding its way into my blue eyes as I stared off to the water. Maybe I should just go? "In the end, I still chose you."

"Talk?"
image credits

@Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slapped with a truth or kissed with a lie. - by Rexanna - 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM