[PRIVATE] It's the end of the world as we know it

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

Now that she finally found a healer, the filly began to feel nervous. Following the chestnut mare away from the others, with the scent of blood and mucus and newborn babies still clinging to her nose, Erthë tried to formulate what she wanted to say in her head. But rather than eloquent requests for an examination of the aching leg, all that went through her head was questions and doubt. What if the leg was broken beyond repair? What if she would never be able to use it properly again? Uncle Badger and that other healer had both used their magics on it, but still it ached and swelled and hurt like nothing she'd ever felt before whenever she tried to walk on it normally. At best she could manage a heavy limp for a few paces, before the pain grew too great to endure.

Even as they stopped, far enough away from other horses that they would be able to talk without being disturbed, her mind remained blank. Under the expectant gaze of the healer -  Evangeline, as she had introduced herself as to Tembu - the little hybrid twisted and fumbled for words, trying to describe the issue as accurately as possible.

"Uhm, well... The thing is, I hurt my leg - this leg" she said, holding out the right front hoof with a poorly suppressed wince. "And I got help from several healers right away, but it still hurts. A lot. I can't walk on it, and since my other foot isn't working properly either, I can't really move that well at all." She indicated the left front leg, whose joint was feeble and overly flexible, damaged in the impact with the ground when she had been thrown by the Crocodile.

"Can you make it better?" the filly asked, worry coloring the silvery voice despite her best efforts to appear cool and suave about it. "Can you fix me?"

What she would do if there was nothing to be done... Not even she knew. There was so much she still had left to do. Places to see, things to learn; how would she grasp the mechanics of flight if she couldn't run? How was she supposed to find storytellers and wise people if she couldn't travel like before? The world was so big - Erthë didn't think she would be able to stand being cooped up in the Edge for the rest of her life, when there was so much wonder to behold beyond its borders.

There had to be something Evangeline could do. It just had to.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Evangeline

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
It's the end of the world as we know it - by Erthë - 11-02-2015, 03:54 PM