the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's the end of the world as we know it

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

A fight with a God?

Evangeline stared hard at the foal as she explained how she'd hurt both of her legs and it sparked an anger in the healer that reflected in the depths of her eyes. Foals fighting foreign gods. She'd been aware of the battles but had refused to participate because of her own moral stance on violence. Knowing that a child had been tossed into the fray shattered her hope that there was some good in Helovia's gods because if there was any good in them at all they would have taken it upon themselves to heal what was broken because of them. Instead they'd let a battered, broken child hobble off on legs that could have very well been a death sentence to her. If they cared about any of them they wouldn't have let so much hurt and death follow in the wake of battles that should have never happened.

Rather than voice her opinion, however, Evangeline tried to heal the child's legs but it was to no avail. She instructed the filly to stay put as she moved several paces off and waited for Tallis to return with Tembovu. The only thing she could think of to help mend the child's legs were braces to stabilize the ruined bone. Without the divine intervention of a god she doubted that the girl's legs would ever be healed and the prospect was fightening, especially for a child who was supposed to be carefree and happy.

"You sent for me?"

Evangeline flicked her ear to the side and Tallis flew to the filly who still was laying on the ground where the healer had told her to. He landed beside her and curled up with her, quietly trilling to try and soothe whatever worries he assumed she had. Once the dragon was settled with the girl Eva turned so Erthë would not see the grim expression on her face as she spoke with Tembovu. "I can't heal her legs." She whispered. "I tried... but its like my magic is ineffective or... I don't know. Blocked? Something isn't letting me fix it and I don't know what, but I can't leave her like that." She turned her head enough to glance over her shoulder at the filly. "The only thing I can think to do is make braces for her legs and ask for a god to heal her." Which was where Tembovu came in. "I thought maybe glass braces, but I don't know how stable what would be. Can anyone here do metal work?"

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tembovu @Erthë

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's the end of the world as we know it - by Evangeline - 11-16-2015, 12:00 PM