hold fast to the best of you

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

A star studded sky stretches above the forest canopy of the Helovian Threshold.  The full moon shines down drawing a flash of gold from among the tree trunks towards the far southern edge of the wood.  Even in the dark it is difficult for this stranger to remain unseen.  She attempts it all the same keeping herself tucked close against a large spreading oak.  Her great wings fold and press against her side for they are of no use in such close confines.  The steady gaze of her winter-gray eyes is fixed on a spot beyond the tree line as if she is building up the courage to go somewhere.  The seconds turn to minutes, the minutes to hours and still she makes no move.

I followed the sun through the unknown lands the storm left me in.  My family had to be out there somewhere, they just had to be.  Dead end after dead end and now I have come full circle, right back to where I began.  It is two years later and I have spent those two long years alone.  I will not give up hope, some day if it is meant to be, I will find the loved ones I lost.  It is not in my makeup to remain happily alone for so long however.  There is no question of me continuing in this manner any longer.  So I turned my hooves to the forested threshold, to the place where I was offered friendship and shelter.  Maybe that offer still stands.

The night deepens and darkens and the stranger’s eyes fall closed.  She rests peacefully, trusting to the shadows to keep the secret of her presence.  Even with all she has witnessed in her travels she is still naive enough to believe that any who come across her will mean her no harm.  Her luck has held so far, perhaps it will continue to...

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-02-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-07-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-07-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-08-2015, 11:55 PM