hold fast to the best of you

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

The Helovian is a lovely one, there is no mistaking that.  Her clean speckled coat shines in the stray shafts of moonlight and her eyes beneath the strange headdress offer a welcoming sparkle.  Riel’s reaction seems to have put her off slightly but she does not retreat, instead she presses on with a welcome.  Our golden stranger peers uncertainly up from her halfhearted bow.  For a moment she simply blinks in confusion but then appears to be somewhat comforted by the lady’s assurances that she has done nothing wrong by sleeping here.  She moves forward again, taking back the ground she initially retreated over, and brings her head to a normal level.  Of course she must still look up to meet the other’s eyes but this is a thing she is surely used to being of such a small, delicate stature.

Well, at least she is kind.  I have learned in recent years, though it took me a long time, that one can not always expect others to be kind or even polite.  It is not something I understand, but I have learned and do attempt to keep myself from getting in trouble by assuming that everyone I meet will be as nice to me as I plan to be to them.  Her soft words put me at ease though I do not entirely understand them.  If she is not a queen then what is the purpose of that decoration on her head?  What does it mean?  Does it signify some other power that I ought to be wary of? I shake off this cautionary thought deciding that even if she does have some dangerous power she is not intending to use it on me, at least not right now.

“Well, you look like a queen lady Najya.  I am Riel by the way.”

A shy smile creeps across her features as the compliment leaves her mouth.  The last words from Najya cause her ears to perk up.

“Really?  You are from the south?  Oh, what luck! Do you know Ampere?” 

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

Thanks! No worries, Najya is fun - I don't mind waiting.  

@Najya

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-02-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-07-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-07-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-08-2015, 11:55 PM