the Rift

A Thing Called Mercy

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
Before the night could swallow him, a voice rang out. The giant didn't pause, long steps drawing him deeper into the recesses of the forest. The tiny voice illicited nothing but the slightest flick of an ear, before it continued to pivot and capture noises useful to the brute. He was not some mongrel to be called, especially not to be summoned or ordered by a voice barely aged enough to belong to one worth listening to. The bell of a voice went on to accuse him of killing the wolf, as if he had done so in spite or cruelty. Many an accusation had been made upon him, and this one didn't bother him in the slightest.

The sound of an unsteady gait pursuing him into the forest spurred an annoyance deep in his breast. Brows furrowed over unseeing pits, and ears twisted back as his sculpted face hardened in expression beneath his mask. Suddenly, and without provocation, the intruder fired a shot at him. His ear caught the sound of something whistling through the air. (It was not slight and keen like the cutting of an arrow, nor clumsy and low like a thrown stone.) Head twisted suddenly, the remainder of the light casting a sickly pallid glow onto the wraith. Nostrils flared in anger, and his lip curled. His body twisted as he turned to face the girl, the dying light of her magic casting the softest white over his haunted form.

Slow steps brought the giant close to the babe. A monstrous raven sent to rip the wings off of the gentle dove. "You know not what you do. I'm surprised anyone would chase after one who they accuse of killing something innocent, something undeserving. What do you know of these things?" His voice was even, baratone, and did not display any indication of his agitation. He could not see the size of the girl, but her steps were light, and voice still shrill. He could assume she was of young age, or at least small in stature. Did she not know of the evils that could befall the small and weak in a place like this?

"Don't you know that monsters live here, child? Great heathen creatures, ones who will snatch you away from your parents' watchful eyes. Devils and demons alike who will drag you to a place that would leave you wishing for hell." (Perhaps that was a little much.) The wraith had no desire to call back his words. He was dangerous, perhaps, but by no means cruel. This purity wished to confront him, disturb his travels, reprimand him like a misbehaved child. The giant would have none of that.

"You seek me out, no knowledge of what may be lurking within the next shadow. You accuse me of killing a lowly wolf. Let me tell you this, the beast you came upon was dead long before I arrived. Just because a heart beats, does not mean that it's owner lives. I gave the hunter a death more honorable than drowning in his own blood. But if you believe that is a more suitable way to leave this life, then perhaps you are the monster."

Stepping closer, he loomed over the ethereal fae. Antlered crown, split by diamond swords, cast a sharp and tined shadow, and he was silverlined with the moon at his back. A monster whose shadow swallowed the moon. "I will dare to walk away if I please. Who do you think you are?"

Though he detested the thought of humoring the girl by staying, the allure of preying on her doubts planted him in his spot.

""

M O R i R
image credit

@Erthe

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Messages In This Thread
A Thing Called Mercy - by Morir - 11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: A Thing Called Mercy - by Erthë - 11-03-2015, 08:15 AM
RE: A Thing Called Mercy - by Morir - 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: A Thing Called Mercy - by Erthë - 11-03-2015, 07:53 PM