the Rift

[OPEN] Devil's smile

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik
the engineer
Shadows of wings did little to capture his attention. Birds flew every day, and even if this one was bigger, he didn't much give a damn. Tasty flowers were just waiting to be plucked, and he nuzzled his maw deeper in the dirt, rooting for the little, flavorful white ones. After a snort and a successful bite, he lifted his head, inhaling deeply and stiffening at the scent he caught. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Was this one of those psychological nonsense things everyone talked about with memories? He had let her go long ago though - no more lingering feelings. Only a twinge of anger.

Ulrik then knew he wasn't crazy (or completely batshit) when he saw her trotting so gracefully toward him as if nearly a year hadn't passed and she hadn't left. She looked much the same in his eyes - not that he paid too much attention to detail. The gold that adorned her coat was still shiny and beautiful and it drew him in just like it had done long ago. Everything down to the last hair was perfectly in place, but the cold mask she wore... Was that anxiety he saw? Emotion at all? Even when they were... doing things... in the cave... she had been so withdrawn. He hadn't cared at all - that was who she was.

But this seemed so far off.

And where the fuck had she been?

And why had she left?

Ulrik furrowed dark brows over his darkly bronzed eyes, not making a move and feeling Kirchoff's hackles rise as he came to stand at his left foreleg. She was smiling, looking at him, and he wondered for a moment what she was thinking about what she saw. In his humble opinion, he felt better than he had felt when he lived in the Basin. Healthier, in a way. Even though his frame had aged, he looked thicker and less gaunt. The sheen of his coat was brighter, and the expression in his eyes was not so empty.

She said his name, and he did not react, though inside, he felt something clench. He snorted absently at her second comment, wondering if her tone indicated that he should further speak on this phenomenon. Illynx," he replied, his voice masculine and guttural, though he spoke cordially in his tone.

"No, I live in the World's Edge with Mauja and Torleik who leads," he explained. "The World's Edge was my first home, and when Ophelia and Deimos battled the Falls and then chose leads, I was surprised Deimos didn't want to take it. We had been exiled from there years ago by Mirage, a Dragonbitch. I've always wanted to return," he said, his tone not indicating any true feelings. "That and the idea of working for that brat, Thranduil as well as the emotional Hotaru was less than ideal. My sentinels are broken by now, surely. I left them there along with everything else," he said firmly.

Rikyn and Illynx weren't there. His cousin wasn't there. Deimos didn't want to leave and had promoted two he could not serve. What was left? "I hate the snow." He added. That was true. He hated the snow, much preferring forest to the ice.

He paused then, staring pointedly. "You left. Then Rikyn left. My entire family - the only one I've ever had - was gone. You said nothing to me, Illynx. You knew where I was. I am a simple man, always near my machines." From his expression, he wasn't hurt so much as he was confused and angry, but it was set to a dull simmer. His body was relaxed, head turned to the side as he spoke and tail resting peacefully at his side.

Image Credit to Imi

@Illynx

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Illynx - 11-03-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Illynx - 11-04-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Devil's smile - by Rikyn - 11-04-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM