the Rift

[OPEN] Devil's smile

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik
the engineer
Ulrik forced himself to feel nothing as she continued speaking, knowing that the vacillation between relief, anger and sadness was illogical and would fail to resolve any lingering tension. He was a man of science and machines, nearly as cold as the beasts he made, and that made him damn close to being perfectly rational. To devolve into a blubbering heap would get them nowhere and only put guilt on a situation that does not warrant that much drama. Illynx never once said she loved him, and he did not return any sentiments. She wanted him, and he eagerly obliged. They made Rikyn, whom he loved, but that was the extent of it from a factual point of view.

She did not deserve to be berated for her choices when there was no communication of permanence between them. All he was frustrated over was the fact that she said nothing. Illynx didn't just leave him, she left the herd and her son.

Interesting though how furious she fumed over Deimos and his decisions. Ulrik was angry for a while, but he had given up. The moment Deimos failed to return to the Edge and take it back once and for all was the day Ulrik could not longer stand behind their silent king. Ophelia, for as crazy as she is, had accomplished more than he ever did. She gave up her position of leadership to follow Torleik out of love, and while he thought that was stupid too, he respected her for her choice to return his cousin's affections.

The World's Edge was strong, stronger than most gave it credit for currently. Naturally, the qualms Illynx would have would be the lingering feather brains calling it home - but no matter. They did not get in his way and he could experiment on them from afar. What was the phrase? Keep your enemies closer? Though he had to say that as devoutly as he believed himself of pure blood, he did not see the other species as stupid. He could live as a king among the rabble; he did not need to profess his royalty anymore.

That was when Rikyn called out from them, and he smiled at his boy. "Mmm. Well, you did not leave me alone, necessarily. I have my cousin, but you and Rikyn were my family," he replied honestly. He frowned and sighed. "Much has happened in your absence, Illynx. The Aurora Basin is a shadow of what it once was, and unless you can dethrone Deimos, there is little to be done. More of our species have flocked like lemmings without thought, and I found, ironically, more intelligence in a hornless." Ulrik gave a wry smile.

"The World's Edge has always been my home before it was ripped from me. I am not going back to the Basin." He didn't mind if Rikyn heard. The boy deserved to know why he would never go back to his machines or that place again.

Ulrik snorted at his boy as he approached. "No, she's not dead. But, perhaps, you should tell her what you have discovered since you have come back. What matters is she is back now - not where she has been."

Image Credit to Imi

@Illynx

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Illynx - 11-03-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Devil's smile - by Illynx - 11-04-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Devil's smile - by Rikyn - 11-04-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Devil's smile - by Ulrik - 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM