the Rift

[PRIVATE] What happens in the flats...

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

The Dragon’s Throat is a land of fire, where the flames of a sunlit god burn for eternity. It seems her people are lit with such a flame, as well.

He does not know if it is fearlessness or naivety that forces her to meet him in this way—no matter. He is enthralled instantly, pulled into interest by her brazen step, her ashen eyes that blaze with something. She fans her stupid feathers about her, waiting for a beast, and Reginald wonders if it is a challenge.

Yes she says to him. Yes says her tail, as it arches. (She is a mare.)

A sunset is a quiet thing that flares about, the fanfare of the day’s finale. It caresses them, barely hesitant in its brilliance as it slides across the pale body, the rough edges of a man. It’s enticing, or threatens to be; the salt hangs heavy and eagles hold their breath, eager, anxious, curious in equal measure. (He hunts, he hunts, he hunts, they think.) Ka’Mate wonders briefly in his capriciously mad mind if he will ever feel this pulse in his blood, if his younger sister would be good practice later in life. Ka’Ora wonders (and fears) if master would allow such a thing.

This filly is fire; Reginald sees this. He does not know of her godsblood, of the veins within her that make her worth more than all of the jewels on the planet. He only knows she is of the Dragon’s Throat, and he wonders if, perhaps, she is a warrior. Whatever the case may be, he likes what he sees in her: tempered steel unafraid to look into the eyes of a serpent with a tongue that bites yes.

Finally, he wonders. A mare with a spine.

Tail lashes across his hocks; he catches her scent. She says yes, and he chuckles at the challenge, stones grinding in his throat as he—

--approaches.

[WUH I'm actually the worst .__. Also! I left the ending a little ambiguous because I didn't know how graphic you wanted them to be! We can take this further if you'd like or they could fade to black here!]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

Aithniel

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Messages In This Thread
What happens in the flats... - by Aithniel - 11-03-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: What happens in the flats... - by Reginald - 11-03-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: What happens in the flats... - by Aithniel - 11-04-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: What happens in the flats... - by Reginald - 11-10-2015, 05:52 PM