the Rift

Fortify & Conquer

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Tallsun's heat had brought life to the great Aurora Basin. The herdland had avoided any drastic change in temperature, though the sun had broken the lasting chill and given way to greenery, blanketing the normally barren tundra with abundant flora. Life was flourishing here, be it with the mountain lambs following their big-horned parents on the cliff sides, or the mangy goslings on the lake who were just beginning to come into their adult feathers. 

The corporal sighed, the noise escaping her one of contentment. Standing in the gaping mouth of her cave, which looked over the lake and was neatly framed by several small pines, she took in the view. She looked over the land, sure that those who called this place home were finding similar comfort with the mild weather and break from the cold. A soft breeze fluttered her white locks, and sterling eyes fluttered shut as she took in the scents it brought on its current. There were few things that made her as happy as home did. Since coming to Helovia, leaving behind a life of constant battle and hatred, she had learned much, but nothing was more important than protecting all that she held dear. 

The Basin held many who held themselves as warriors. Despite their lack of unicorns who found joy in other ranks and pursuits, those who held warrior hearts trapped in the cages of their chests were in abundance. But, the starry girl had seen few of them in action. Those who she had sparred with herself, or seen in the battles with the rift gods, paled in comparison to the numbers who were actually tasked with protecting the herd. She shook her head, a frown disrupting her sculpted face. Though she had held the rank for several seasons, the corporal was unsure of the capabilities the soldiers held. 

But today that would change. Onyx cloves clattered on stone as she descended the outcropping she stood upon. Hooves met the softened ground and she was off at a gallop. Well-sculpted muscles rippled beneath her blue pelt, long legs crossing distance with ease. She made her way across the terra, following no particular path, before cutting north and continuing until the lake was far behind her. Slowing to a trot, sides heaving with heavy breath, she looked around her. A slight slope led down, giving way to a wide flat, floored with moss and new grass. She finally came to a graceful stop, and used the moment to catch her breath. Nodding, she decided this spot was perfect.  

She cast out her voice, hoping the gods would carry it far and allow her to collect her ranks. "To all those who have vowed to protect the Aurora Basin, hear my call. It is time to join together." She stepped back, cocking a rear hoof, relaxing for the moment. Unsure if any would show at all, she hoped her rank would encourage others to flock together and show their faces.

As horned warriors joined her, she waited patiently for them all to arrive. Her fellow corporal appeared, and she gave a warm nod, turning her head in gesture to invite the blackened girl to take her deserved place before the group. "Welcome," she began, words warm and steady. "Some of you I have met, but many I have not. I am Ki'irha, your Corporal. I have called you here today so perhaps we may learn of each other, and discuss several things in regards to protecting the Basin." She smiled as she looked over those gathered before her, taking in faces. She recognized some from the battles against the crocodile and tigress gods. The star girl cleared her throat and continued. "There is much to discuss. First, I want to pass along my sincerest thanks and gratitude to those who partook in the recent battles. I pray you have all been healed of any lingering injuries. If not, I am sure there are healers here who can assist in bringing you back to full strength. However," her brows furrowed, eyes sharp and cold. Her voice lost it's previous softness, now stern and harsh. "Those of you who did not join beside us, you have explaining to do. You vowed to protect this place when you took rank as soldiers. It is a disgrace to have not assisted in any way. You should be thankful I do not suggest to the leads for you to be stripped of your ranks. Children fought the great unknowns. Though the battles did not occur on our doorstep, it may have arrived here had the gods not been stopped where they entered this world." She frowned, frustrated this was a discussion that needed to occur. "Now is your time to speak up. Either to make excuses for yourselves, or share any concerns you may have." She fell silent, waiting for any to answer for themselves if necessary, or otherwise comment on the state of things.

Talk
OOC// [[This is a Fortify meeting! All warriors are strongly urged to attend, though others are welcome to observe and partake. Spar pairs will be assigned to those in attendance. Please let @Sialia post first.]] 
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Caleb @Zandora @Rikyn
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-03-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-04-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-15-2015, 05:09 PM