the Rift

[PRIVATE] how can I keep from singing?

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
“Goodnight, Mama.”

The ocean mare smiles softly, the curved point of her horn tipping back as her white eyes are raised towards the heavens, where her mother’s vigilant eye is tucked into bed for but a moment. Dusk is now quickly bleeding into night, the last rays of the sun just barely stretching over the distant horizon, offering its farewell orange glow as night descends quietly upon them. The mare’s gaze sparkles beneath the light of her sister stars as they begin to emerge, twinkling and dancing across the velvet black-blue of their stage, true prima donnas of their glittering spectacle.

Chuckling breezily to herself, Tiamat begins to move forward once more, her gaze slowly descending to sweep across her shadowed surroundings. In all her wanderings across Helovia’s wilds (granted, she does not have as much of a traveler’s heart as some others, but her curiosity is often far too great to swallow, even if her heart is sure to call her home before too long) at any rate, this is a place that the blue mare has never seen before. She is sure that she would have remembered the verdant fields of purple, colored a cool amethyst in the moon’s blushing light, broken only by the bubbling streams and occasional oak tree, which stand like guardians in the night.

She feels her breath caught for a moment, basking in the beauty of nature, its treasured splendors never ceasing to enchant her. It seems so calm and peaceful in this magnificent place, sheltered from the rest of the chaos that has been churning throughout Helovia lately, that Tiamat feels as though she could almost forget it all. The distress and anxieties that have weighed heavily across her shoulders are suddenly lifted, her spirits buoyed by nature itself. Breathing in the fresh, warm air of summer, the ocean mare glides forward happily, nearly dancing in her heartened grace.

Perhaps—it could always be this way.

Couldn’t it?

Sweeping through the thistle grasses, Tiamat soon finds herself at the water’s edge, cloven blue hooves perching delicately at its damp banks. “What a pleasure to meet you, brother,” she murmurs happily, the soprano chime of her voice mingling with the brook’s soft trickling like the pattering of rain to a puddle. Nostrils curling in breathy laughter, she lowers her fine head, silken lips breaking through the glassy surface to drink. The moon’s luminous light casts a halo over her slender body, colored softly by the final golden fingers of day. She would have every moment be as this one, were it possible.

Perhaps—then—it could always be this way.

notes; For Ciceronnnn:D
“Speech.”
image credits | @Ciceron
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-04-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-06-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-19-2015, 12:06 AM