the Rift

[PRIVATE] how can I keep from singing?

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The young blue mare eyes both the stallion and his tiger, a hint of wariness lingering along the lines of her expression, stemmed from the concern that continues to squeeze her heart. She is not necessarily frightened—it is only her instincts, telling her that this picture is abnormal and potentially dangerous. However, there is a much larger voice—the voice of her trust, and the knowledge that bonded companions are a magnificent thing—that quells her wariness. Ciceron’s assurance subdues it completely, and a genuine smile returns to her soft lips. “Good to hear that,” Tiamat looks to Kiara and gives the tigress a dainty, almost reverent nod of her head.

Accepting the dappled stallion’s gesture eagerly, she presses her muzzle to his once more, his manly scent and warm breath tickling her nostrils. This simple motion both calms and excites the ocean mare. It soothes her to have proximity to one as kind as him, his chivalry and generosity electrifying her tender heart, as it does whenever she is fortunate enough to witness the goodness of this world. Many would say such lights are rare in this dark world, but Tiamat is not so despairing (or naïve perhaps, but it is her naivety that keeps her pure and hopeful).

Pulling away when Ciceron continues, Tiamat’s smile softens admirably as he talks of his relationship with his companion. It is heartening to hear. “I’m not too terribly familiar with how ‘bonding’ works—though it seems like a beautiful thing. It must be wonderful to have each other,” the reflection of the stars shine in her eyes as the mare looks to each of them, so at ease with one another, and so connected. Tiamat has hardly ever felt alone (since her mother sky is always watching with a devoted eye) but she cannot deny how wonderful it would be—it is truly a gift.

Fluted ears pricking forward at the mention of the Hidden Falls, the ocean mare laughs blithely at the stallion’s joke, her eyes momentarily following where he had gestured. “I’m sure it is,” she says before looking back to him, her laughter still lingering in the merry curve of her lips, “the Basin’s winter nights can be quite unforgiving, especially for one built like myself, but the herd takes care of us—there are always fires glowing, and hot springs to keep yourself comfortable.” She speaks fondly of the mountainous valley, a hint of wistfulness lacing her tone and lighting her eyes. It is her home, and she loves it dearly, not imagining living anywhere else.

Nevertheless, she knows very little about the other three herd lands. While they might not reach the high level that the Basin has set in her heart, she doesn’t doubt that they are all beautiful and hospitable in their own right. She wonders about his home. Ultimately, her curiosity is much too great to swallow, and she questions the dappled stallion, taking a step forward as she does so. “What is the Hidden Falls like? Have you lived there long?” Tiamat’s head tilts slightly in her interest, white doe-eyes round with silent anticipation of his answers.

“Speech.”
@Ciceron | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-04-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-06-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-13-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Ciceron - 11-19-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: how can I keep from singing? - by Tiamat - 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM