the Rift

[PRIVATE] sharing different heartbeats

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
and you, you knew the hand of the devil.
and you, you kept us awake with wolf’s teeth.
I shivered gently, a small quiver rolling down my spine with the force of what seemed like a tsunami. Both from the cold and from the emotional trauma I felt that I was going through. My golden cream pelt, speckled with snow, dusted with blood, pelted with bruises. I faced inside the cave, blue eyes closed gently, hoping just to freeze in the Steppe without a single soul to miss me. But before any such thing could happen, I heard him. A voice I hadn’t heard in what seemed like an eternity. I had tried to apologize to him, for all the things that I had done. Nothing had worked, so why was he even here?

It’s all about love, Rex.

Shivering again, I stood still. Like a statue. Eyes opened, staring straight at the frozen solid stone. His voice continued, his words almost perfectly sweeping up my shattered soul that lie before him on the ground. He was right, we were just searching for love. Bumbling around like idiots, living, loving, and losing. Growing and writhing in pain all the same. I turned to face him and his bright blue eyes fell into mine gently, hopeful, and loving. He spoke of Tembovu and just at the mention of his name I flinched. He hoped I wasn’t and I only nodded to him, unsure if I felt like ever loving again. The whole thought of it just made my heart bleed.

I blinked slowly to him, taking in every ounce of the words he said. I stepped toward him, close to the point where I reached out for him. Trembling and shivering, wishing to press my cheek into his chest. Wishing to feel his feathers tickle my nose. Wishing to forget about everything. “I want to start over too, Caleb.” I whispered to him. Eyes closing, his body shadowing me from the reflective light off the snow, hiding the blood and bruising. Hiding the broken soul within me. I knew part of me still loved Tembovu, but whether or not he would ever love me back was another story. He was having a child with someone else. I had slept with him after the fact and he never told me. I was shattered. Shattered to the point I wasn’t even sure if Caleb would be able to fix me.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Caleb
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-04-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-12-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-16-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-17-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-18-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-24-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-30-2015, 10:58 PM