the Rift

[PRIVATE] sharing different heartbeats

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

It was rather beautiful: the way she swept away his subconscious insecurities, the way she dove into his eyes and starved all the fears from him, allowing him to taste the sweet nectar of dreams tucked away. When Caleb loved, it wasn't casually. The love he had once felt had been fierce. It had been his heart ripped wide open, a display to those around him. It was all he had and everything he knew. He had given his love out like a gift, but the receiver saw not a gift, but a poison. Caleb now knows little of what warmth accompanies love, nor does he remember the pleasant sensation of confessing his love. It is pain for him, the idea of love.

She's a saint with the lips of a sinner, she looks like a woman but feels with the fragility of a girl. She is the sun: elegant, fiery, golden. He is the nighttime: dark, cold, silent. There is not one without the other, they coincide, but can they both be at the same time?

Through sadness, he can remember her- the one he had loved before. He can not say this mare that had snared his heart before Helovia had been beautiful, nor had she been spectacular in any other aspects. She was simple, as was he (at the time). Still, he had loved her doubtlessly and immensely. She had been a viper, riddled with a deathly poison, poised to strike at him- a starry-eyed boy.

"I don't know how or why..." His eyes timidly remained on Rex. "but I miss you." A pause, small and brief, it is the moment he summarizes his next line, his voice aching to speak his mind, to say what he believes. "I miss you all the time." He blinks slowly, a contemplating expression castes onto his face. What he felt was strong, he wasn't sure if it was love, nor did he know why he felt it. He wasn't sure she would feel the same way. She inspires him, the way stars do a dreamer and the sun does to the ocean.

'I love you' does not have to be yelled from one lover's lips to another's, it can be said from one beating heart to another. Was this enough for her, or was it too much? Caleb had always overdone it or underdone it, but this... this felt perfect. To him, this moment was perfect. A moment had never been more so.

A goofy grin crawls onto nearly quivering lips, eyes alight with some sort of emotion- hope? With this new emotion, he greeted the golden mare whom he committed to start again with. "I am Caleb, it is nice to meet you." The whole word fractures around him, shattering to the ground. The world has left, it is just them. She is the world, in a way no one else has ever been. He was nervous, nervous that she would scorn him for his emotions, revert him back to ultimate coldness, a coldness which still lingered nearby, ready to lock him away from the world once more. There was a coldness, and it threatened to turn him into stone.

"blah blah blah."
<3 much love for this, @Rexanna

[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

Messages In This Thread
sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-04-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-12-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-16-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-17-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-18-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Caleb - 11-24-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: sharing different heartbeats - by Rexanna - 11-30-2015, 10:58 PM