the Rift

A boy and his dragon | Smoke

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
The skies were far from empty this day, regardless of the temperature. A bronze dragon in flight was not strange, for many wild dragons prowled the skies at various times. But it was the easy downward glide into his territory that made the blue suspicious. Not a hunting stoop, but still a flight pattern that appeared to have a deliberate destination in mind. Swiftly he shot upward to investigate, peering after the stranger only to discover the bronze was bonded. This fact he sent to his own bonded.

Distracted by the image of the red dun and the bronze, the mare decided to go see for herself what was going on. She knew this wasn't a member of the Foothills, and she couldn't think of any of her allied groups having a member who was bonded to a bronze. At least, none that she'd seen. So that meant an outcast had stumbled upon her herdland, and should thus be met.

It took somewhat longer today than it otherwise would have in earlier seasons to reach the place where her blue was informing her the strangers were at. Her dark coat soaked up the sun a bit too well, made it wearisome to travel fast and far. So she walked, tracing the shadows and generally making an indirect route. But after a time she did find them, and approached without any apparent concern.

"I was told I'd find a pair of strangers here." She said with quiet amusement, the sudden gust of air across her haunches alerting her to the lithe blue's arrival a moment before he settled upon her back, his presence a silent explanation to her statement. The pair before her were both young, and something about them nagged at the back of her mind. "I am Smoke, and this is Zaffre. What brings the two of you here to the Foothills?"

Messages In This Thread
A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-17-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-20-2012, 11:37 PM