the Rift

A boy and his dragon | Smoke

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
The very youth of the bronze was evident in the way he hovered about her in an investigory manner, circling above her with evident interest until she'd gotten within eyeshot of his bonded. Only then had he fluttered off to rejoin the young dun. It brought a small smile to the grulla's features, as she recalled when her own dragon had been so curious and innocent. Now Zaffre was nearly at full size, and would eventually be utterly dwarfed by this young bronze, much as he was by Akaith.

When the colt introduced himself as Jackal and his dragon as Dei, Smoke paused with them memory of her daughter's story of coming across the son of Aerwen. His mention of Kimber's name cinched it for her, and her demeanor softened noticeably. "Yes, Kimber is my youngest. She told me about you, and Paladin's daughters." Dark head lowered slightly as she stepped closer, halving the distance between them before halting. "Your mother was like a daughter to me, her mother my friend. Your father was a friend of mine as well. I am dearly sorry for their loss, but am glad that you are doing well." Her voice was low and gentle as she spoke.

"What brings you to the Foothills, young Jackal?" With careful tact she changed the subject, offering the colt an escape route if he wished to dodge the things that certainly pained him the most. A trilling sing-song rose from the dual-hued throat of the blue upon her haunches, a sound that somehow whispered of sympathy while at the same time giving voice to a joy for life.

Messages In This Thread
A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Jackal2 - 06-17-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: A boy and his dragon | Smoke - by Smoke - 06-20-2012, 11:37 PM