the Rift

Like fool like daughter [Nymeria Challenge]

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Her aunt's laugh hit her like a slap in the face.
It stung.

Nymeria blinked, her eyes itching to slink away from the older woman's. The air that had swelled her up felt to be diminishing—and she fought for it, desperately patching up the leaks as they came. I've done nothing wrong, the skull-faced told herself. It's not...

A surge of fire burned through her arteries and ventrioles, a flash of energy sent by Lilómiel. It was enough to halt her pride's recession, enough to proficiently halt the way she had begun to bend and crumble beneath the Amaranthine's will. The sharpness and cruelty with which Ophelia spoke changed nothing. Her brazen desire to utterly quash Nymeria's independent thought was ridiculous. It was she who was the child, not Nymeria; it was Ophelia who crowed of her own maturity while feeling the need to beat someone who was hardly an adult into submission. It was fucking pathetic, that's what it was; or so Lilómiel thought, by the careful prodding and poking of Nymeria's mind, the casual manipulation of his bonded.

The skull-faced mare raised the walls around her mind, built up the fortress she kept her most private thoughts and feelings, cloaked away from Lil's pryings. She would learn from underestimating her aunt, and remember what the encounter said of her aunt. (Which was, for now, that she was hardly worthy of the respect the younger Nym had thought she deserved.)

It's nothing to do with the skull on your face.
Sure. Sure it wasn't. Not like you treated Volterra like a fucking hero.  

She clamped down on the urge to spit back some foolish, something arrogant; Ophelia already thought her a fucking brat. Or maybe I should live up to that? If Ophelia honestly... stop thinking. She might be groping around in your head still. How would she know? How could she tell? There had been no sudden difference when the Forsaken ripped into the meat of her cerebrum, tore free the most malicious of her recent beliefs.

Nymeria's gaze skittered towards the bystanders; she wondered if they wanted a fight.

"I'm sorry for misjudging what was right and wrong," the grullo finally said, settling on the answer she felt most sincere and appropriate for the occasion. "I appreciate your open-mindedness. This won't happen again."

With a final low, long sigh, Nymeria attempted to back away and slip off towards Volterra and the others nearby.

BLOW A KISS / FIRE A GUN
we don't need somebody to lean on
@Ophelia

OOC: Attempted exit

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like fool like daughter [Nymeria Challenge] - by Nymeria - 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM