[OPEN] Shine a light in the dark

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

The grimace of disgust reflected upon her own face as the young colt lapped at the residue of an imploded rose, the taste almost echoing upon her own tongue. Salty, metallic, heavy and lingering, a scent and taste filled with memory and bad omens.

"No, I won't" she assured him, the unease in her stomach growing more pronounced as she leaned down and stole a closer look at the crimson flowers. She touched the liquid with a gleaming porcelain clove, smeared it about a little and studied the effect; Erthë sighed and backed off a little, gazing gravely at the newborn.

"I think it's blood" she said, voice calm and easy but with storms brewing in the pale, dual-colored eyes. "Do you know what blood is? It is what keeps mortals alive, it runs like water within our bodies and makes sure everything works properly." Leaning down she inspected her knobbly, adolescent knees and found a scab, acquired at some point while shuffling through the underbrush. She scraped it with her teeth, picking away the crust until a small bead of red began to pool upon the skin, saturated beneath the moonlight yet still red against her milky skin.

"See? Blood. It's not good to drink, but we need it none the less. I wonder why it follows you..."

Trailing off, the filly quieted and gazed thoughtfully at the dappled youth. Magic was odd, and this was perhaps the eeriest application of it she had seen so far. While the roses were beautiful, they now also appeared noxious to her, sickening and horrific in a way that made her take a step away from the foal in subconscious rejection... Until, at least, she realized what she was doing and could make herself stop. It wasn't his fault the magic had chosen him, no more than it was her fault that her body was so cold.

"So... eh.. What are you doing here, all alone?" It was a blunt and unrefined change of topic, rather rushed and clumsy, but the filly felt it might be best to move on before she said something unforgivable. "Where's your Mother, and sister?"

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Libertad - so sorry for the wait! D:

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Shine a light in the dark - by Erthë - 11-05-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Shine a light in the dark - by Libertad - 11-05-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: Shine a light in the dark - by Erthë - 11-06-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Shine a light in the dark - by Libertad - 11-06-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: Shine a light in the dark - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: Shine a light in the dark - by Libertad - 11-17-2015, 11:20 AM