the Rift

Busted Compass [open]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I needed this. I needed something to keep my mind off of him and as terrible as it has been dealing with the issues at hand, I needed to address myself in other aspects. If my love life was going to be a little whole of darkness and woe, I needed to at least be great for my herd. I needed to throw myself out there once again and get people to come home with me. I needed to work on my duties for my herd. I needed to just do something else. A heavy sigh passed my lips as I made my way from the Basin into the Threshold, the trees unfamiliar now. When was the last time I was here? End of Frostfall, early Birdsong? It felt like ages. The trees were showing it as well, with Tallsun overhead drying up the tops of the foliage. It was a beautiful scene if you were into that sort of thing.

But I needed to at least come across something here. I managed to find a squirrel or two, but that would do me no good here. I decided to step off the beaten path – so to speak – and head out in a new direction. Ears shifting now and then to see if I could hear anything. Moments passed with nothing until I finally stopped and held my breath. My heartbeat slowing slightly with the loss of the exercise and I managed to hear a sound that reminded me of hoofsteps! Thanking the Gods in the back of my mind, I emerged from the thick of the bushes I had managed to find myself in. And this mare stood there, looking at me like she’d seen a ghost. I glanced around to see if anyone else had appeared but found nothing. Was she scared of me? She was on edge. All I could offer was a dip of my head and a smile. “Hello!

I felt like I had just crawled out of the undergrowth, climbed out from hell. But if I needed to have a mask over my face, now would be the time. I shook a few leaves out of my dual toned mane and tail – the movements causing a slightly muted clink of my delicate golden chains that connected my cream hued ear to my brightly golden horn. As well as a few chains that decorated my forehead. My blue eyes curiously watched the mare for a few moments, the colors striking against my black markings. Almost like running mascara, the color ran down my nose and up my cheekbones. The rest of my pelt was a set of cream with golden hues near my rump, like an appaloosa. And as I glanced across the mare, I noticed she had a similar feat as I. Her colors seemed to change just as mine did, but differently. Though where this mare carried a leonine tail, mine was very much an equine tail. I couldn’t complain though.

I sat back on my haunches a little bit, relaxing in the presence of this mare. Keeping my smile to her, I inhaled briefly. “You’ve reached Helovia, and I am Rexanna from the Aurora Basin. Who might you be?” I asked gently, politely. Despite so much happening in the recent past, I nearly felt more confident speaking with strangers. Especially those new to Helovia. If perhaps this mare was new? She seemed to have a confused look on her face from the moment she saw me, so either it was confusion of me or the place. Perhaps a mix of both?

"Talk?"
rexanna
Rivers and roads, rivers and roads.
Rivers ‘til I reach you.

@Clay Welcome! :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-06-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-07-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-08-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-17-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-21-2015, 07:42 PM