the Rift

Busted Compass [open]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
The mare appeared to relax and I simply offered her another smile. Then a little movement caught my eye and as I turned my head to look, I noticed the little white filly I had met in the previous Rift fights. Before I could open my mouth to say hello to her, her little voice chimed my name brightly. She asked how I was and I just nodded to her momentarily, reaching my creamy muzzle out to brush my nose softly against her velveteen ivory one. “I’m great, dear!” I spoke smiling. Lying under my smile. I wasn’t great, far from it actually. But this new creature here in the threshold didn’t need to learn about any of my troubles. I’d keep it hidden unless it was asked upon – of which this little filly didn’t know about. And hopefully I was hiding it well.

She said the flowers were amazing and the slight loopiness of her actions made me just shake my head slightly. I knew nothing about flowers, but it appeared that these had some interesting effects. Perhaps I needed to get ahold of some as well. You know, take my mind off of things. She turned her attention to the new mare, she said he name and I realized that I had pronounced her name all wrong. But to be fair, she was much younger then. She was also plagued with nasty boils that have appeared to be cleared up. I felt for the child, I did. Especially after hearing about the death of her mother – despite my random freak out at Tembovu. Word spread around, and you could feel the loss.

She grabbed a flower for the other mare, my blue toned eyes following it back to the mare that resembled me in a slight way. Then I remembered that she had spoke to me before Erthe had appeared. “Clay! That’s quite a wonderful name as well. It sounds extremely strong.” I smiled, beaming at her before she seemed to grow worried about the flowers that Erthe had offered. She seemed curiously worried, but I didn’t move. Not until I heard another person approaching. Curiously, my head turned to face the creature that had joined in on this party. The smile grew slightly on my creamy maw as I dipped my head to Nox. “Hello, Nox!” I spoke gently before he continued, more to me than the others that had accompanied me by this time.

I moved elegantly as he spoke, my golden chains chiming together with my movements ever so quietly before I reached my nose out to touch the ebony beast I had recruited from what seems like forever ago from the Threshold as well. “Thank you. I’m doing my best.” I admitted, smile faltering slightly but overcome by a small laugh that accompanied it. Luckily, Clay had a wonderful distraction as she introduced herself once again, heavy horned head turning to face her once more. She asked about the Basin and if it had water and I nodded to her gently.

Well, you see the Aurora Basin is quite up North. It has extreme amounts of water, but not necessarily in pools or rivers like I’m sure you’re curious about. It’s chilly, but comfortable and surrounded by snow all year round. We do have a hot springs that stays warm all year so even in the dead of winter, you can go for a swim. Also, as the name states, you can see the beautiful Aurora overhead at night. It’s quite striking, sitting in the mountains. We also have giant Sentinels that protect us all day and all night if intruders tried to get within the borders.” My voice held a hint of excitement and happiness, speaking of the Basin as such. It was gorgeous, mountainous, and snowy. Despite the cold, it was comforting.

I’m sure Nox can explain about the Basin more as well. And even if you’re not entirely interested in joining a herd yet, I’m sure Nox and I both would be honored to give you a tour of the land.” I said gently, glancing over to Nox with a nod of approval and turning my head down to the filly. “Not to be mistaken though, Erthe’s land is beautiful from what I hear as well.” I said softly, giving the filly a chance. Even if this mare decided to go with the filly – I hoped that Tembovu would know I didn’t entirely bash on the Edge as much as I could have from what he had done to me.

"Talk?"
rexanna
Rivers and roads, rivers and roads.
Rivers ‘til I reach you.

@Clay @Erthe @Mortuus Nox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-06-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-07-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-08-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-17-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-21-2015, 07:42 PM