the Rift

Busted Compass [open]

Clay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As her eyes danced from one equine to another, her hooves could not help but follow suit, absently prancing in place. Clay looked first to the defiant filly, realizing that the poppies did not hurt her at all. Pondering this, she lifted one foot then the other, as though testing the theory with the ground. Back home, most of the plants were harmful, that's why it was so hard to find food. Just when you thought there was something scrumptious to eat, there was mother chastising you for thinking about it. In the end they had tried cultivating their own gardens, but even those crops were invaded by dangerous species.

Her dancing paused for a moment as the young one spoke about the World's Edge. Water, everywhere! What a treat. She listened intently to each of them speak in turn, but it was the stallion's words that got her attention. Snow all year round...no more stifling desert sun, no more breathing the thick warm air like it would choke you at any moment. A child like Erthe had no reason to grow up coughing up muck--not in this new land. What an amazing find. 

Thinking about it, she had let the conversation lapse too long, the silence growing heavy in the air as they seemed to await her decision. Well, it was made. She turned her head away from the two grown-ups and once again stepped towards the filly, lowering her own head to the girl's level. "The World's Edge sounds amazing," she said to the child kindly. Clay had always loved children, perhaps for their relatability to her own childlike nature. "I should like to see it someday, if you'll give me a tour. But for now I imagine I'd like a good roll in the snow." She smiled, thinking about it, then looked towards Rexanna and Mortuus Nox, her expression growing a bit sheepish as she wondered if they'd have her, really.

@Rexanna @Mortuus Nox @Erthë
ooc; sorry if I'm a bit slow on responses, school is kicking my butt xD
SPEECH

Messages In This Thread
Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-06-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-06-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Clay - 11-07-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Rexanna - 11-08-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Busted Compass [open] - by Mortuus Nox - 11-16-2015, 10:25 PM