the Rift

[OPEN] What a Wonderful Cretin He Is

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

I don’t feel the need for atonement,
Cause we all get our hands dirty when we’re seizing the moment.

The sound was strange, a thudding, thumping, crashing and scraping. Each time the sound echoed over the land the sandy girl winced, her gut telling her that it was a violent act. Having grown up in The Throat she knew that violence was a way of life, yet these sounds were not the tearing of flesh, the splash of blood and the cries of pain. This was something so much more...wrong. Coming up, over a dune she looked down to see a black stallion, he was the one making the noise. The stallion again attacked the tree, Aelin winced and her duel coloured eyes flew open. Again and agin the brute wounded the tree, until finally she could not take it anymore. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" The sounds of her young girlish voice carried over the land and her dun body followed. Not quite a yearling, the girl still had young features and was small in stance. A mane and tail of red flowing locks had finally grown in and her legs where getting longer while her body became sturdier. Yet as time had passed she'd grown quickly, as had her connection to the earth and magic. 

As someone who has had a bond with nature since birth, seeing him assault the trees in such a way caused her pain. The girl came to a sudden stop beside the stag, already the effects of her passive magic wove into the land, nature drawn to her presence, becoming stronger, vibrant and alive in her presence. "You're hurting the earth!" Despite the difference in size and strength her voice did not waver. Nor did she beg. "Stop it." Briskly she inspected the damage from behind, wondering if her passive magic would fix the damage caused by stallion. The girl doubted it, causing fames of anger to curl in the pit of her stomach. 

"You've hurt it," the sandy princess accused him, wanting to touch the tree. "Don't you know anything?!" By hurting this tree he was only hurting them - the herd. Everything was connected and through these actions today he was damaging the connection of these trees to the earth and to them. What an ignorant moron. Sighing at the damage to the tree Aelin angrily turned to face the brute head on. "Do you think that just because it can't cry out, this tree doesn't feel pain?!" It was almost too much to bear, "it feels as much as we do." Looking back at the tree she shook her head. 

"You're a monster."

AELIN & HAWKE
My biggest fear is to die not knowing you well.

@Abaddon - I could't resist, I hope you don't mind :D
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
What a Wonderful Cretin He Is - by Abaddon - 11-06-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: What a Wonderful Cretin He Is - by Aelin - 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: What a Wonderful Cretin He Is - by Ampere - 11-09-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: What a Wonderful Cretin He Is - by Abaddon - 11-19-2015, 03:14 PM