the Rift

[OPEN] Now That We're Alone, I Guess

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
the haruspex

Night fell and Ashamin rose. He was heavy and anxious; he quivered like a calf in the snow. Four battles won and four Gods gloriously returned. As far as he knew, the war was over.
What had his patron God said last time a summoning had taken place? The haruspex's head ached with the mere effort of trying to remember. The sentiment was clear enough, though. Something along the lines of, fuck you kid, you're not worth the ground under your feet even if I'm fighting to protect it for you. Now scram.

Perhaps the young buck was elaborating, but whatever the God of the Spark had told him last had struck him, and hard. The God's words had been a firm lashing, and Ashamin had learned from it that mindless devotion didn't always come across as such. He could pray at a shrine every day and night, it wouldn't make the heavens move.

He just had to pick the right time, that was all.

And so when he had woken this night and seen the stars so bright and clear, he had known he had to try again. Nothing more beautiful than that aurora, nothing more poetic than the silence blanketing the Basin, could have hosted his God of the Spark. So he sent Lochan out to find the herd's most eminent, laid his sparking tail across tinder to start a shallow fire, and waited before the odd reflections of the mirror.

He was nervous he'd receive just as much as a tongue whipping as before, but hoped at least that his bravery before the foreign Gods might have earned him at least the privilege of being spoken to directly. How long, after all, could he fail at his summons before the rest of the herd caught on to his failure and the weight of it truly fell?

""

EDIT:
Bc of confusion, this thread is now going to just turn into a failed attempt at summons and is open to whomever would like to join!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 12-18-2015, 09:20 AM