the Rift

[OPEN] Now That We're Alone, I Guess

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
the haruspex

Watching the fire's light flicker across the features of the black shadow before him seemed impossible. Mortuus was an embodiment of darkness, as mysterious as it appeared in and enveloped Ashamin's waking hours. So to see light on the essence of dark...

Ashamin frowned. As much as he tried to listen, his ears wobbled back and stayed there after Mortuus called him an old friend. Was that really what he was? The haruspex's long tail quivered and snaked, the coils sliding off of it for once. Was that who he was to this whole herd? Someone who, upon first meeting, was an old friend? He was sure it was a compliment,  but something about the friendship lost its value in that, too. Perhaps earlier in the season Ashamin would have felt different, but before yet another failed summoning he felt only hopeless.

Perhaps he was only liked for his virtue as a wise one. If everyone thought he would be willing to be their old friend, was that title taken up and assumed? Ashamin struggled to unfurrow his brow, to listen again to the dark stallion. So he had come to give thanks, to offer some company in return for apparently changing his life.

Had one star reading really done all that?

So preoccupied was he with the apparent power of his actions and advice over the members of this herd, that he was taken by surprise by the question of his own well-being. How was he? Horrible. But of course he wouldn't tell the dark one that.

He shrugged, looking out instead past his visitor and into the Basin beyond. "I am... fine. Nothing of note," he lied, suppressing his emotions once more. "But I am glad to hear that you have been well, Mortuus. It would be good to hear of your life since I saw you last," Ashamin said absently with a flickering of his tail at his back. He sported a thousand yard stare--if only you could tell, in the gloom, you might know something was wrong with him.

""

@Mortuus Nox

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 11-23-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: Now That We're Alone, I Guess - by Ashamin - 12-18-2015, 09:20 AM